Packers under investigation for "Bounty" offers!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Phil Washburn, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    this is vile, if true...did such an offer contribute to ADs injury? if the offer existed, it would be hard to argue against the contribution:hell_boy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packers-bounties&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Buddy Ryan was doin that 20 plus years ago. LOL! Boyz will be boyz.

3. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i dont no phil i like AD too but 500 dollars to millionaires doesnt seem like much insentive. but if its true i think they should pay the price for there actions

4. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Injuring Peterson was their best chance of holding him under 100.

It doesn't suprise me really and I agree it is wrong and may have contributed to Peterson's injury. But I have a feeling there are TONS of things going on totally against league rules. Funny how all this scandal is coming out this season. Seems to be a pattern forming.

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Oh come on now Phil. The Vikings defensive backs were just trying to amp up the D line. They can't be serious about this. A thousand dollars is like a quarter to these guys! That would be extremely petty if they actually got in serious trouble for this. Gice me a break.:smile2:

6. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey Ryan, my Vikes don't cheat. It's them Packers. Funny how none of the bad teams are cheating.....

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ole two-faced Ryan:smile2:
    if the packers did this, and it resulted in a defensive player hitting peterson harder than necessary, or harder than he would have, and if said hit resulted in the injury to AD, then it is vile....a HECK of a lot worse than bellichick/gate, wouldn't you say? no you wouldn't. you aren't interested in rules, only hating the pats and loving "cheap suit" manning:smile2:

if true, lil, they broke the rules...either admit it and clamor for punishment, or rescind your hating statements about the cheating pats:confused2:

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If they offered a "bounty" to knock a player out of a game that would be something. But I don't think there was anything malicious like that going on. I really question if $500 is enough to to amount to anything but a challenge. Just a challenge to teammates to stop the run. Quarterbacks and running backs reward their O-Line very nicely for protecting them and opening up holes.

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    You can't even compare this issue against the Belicheat "Spygate". Give me a break Phil, I was watching Around the Horn on ESPN and they talked about Belicheck and how everyone hates him, I don't hate the Patriots, I hate that classless coach they have in that hoodie looking like a bum. Players trying to get their teammates pumped up is one thing, video taping the opposing coachs' sending in defensive signals is another. Do you honestly think these players care about five hundred or even a thousand dollars? They're driving Bentleys' and Ferraris', you crack me up.LOL!! You are right about one thing, I don't care for rules!

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Ryan Your otta touch, its not about the money its more about the pride of taking a teammates money.

Back in the day Derrick Thomas and Niel Smith had a running bet about not biting on John Elways bootleg play. If you bit You owed the other player $100 Derrick and Niel openly talked about how much they wanted to take their teammates money!

11. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona

I agree with this comment. I don't know the whole story but I think the guy was just trying to rally his D lineman. He is righ about QBs and RBs taking care of the line guys all the time, sometimes with dinner or things like that. Last year Thomas Jones got every lineman in the Bears a watch for Christmas. I don't see anything wrong with that but i do hope it was not an accident for hire for any opposing RB. Wasn't AP hurt way pass the line od scrimage, I could swear the guy who hit him was not a DL.

This is in no way the same as the Spygate thing with Belicheat.

12. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
  13. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I thought all teams tried to hold running backs to less than 100 yards.
    Maybe they should cut players salary if the opposing team does make 100 yards rushing.

14. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Well, at least they didn't have to pay up this week:wink:. The Panthers rushed for 131yds

15. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Well I knew it was only a matter of time before you chimed in Brad. Here's a question for you guys, did you see the hit on Adrian? There was nothing illegal about it, no fines, no questions, he was actually trying to hurdle a defensive lineman.:confused2: If it was a dirty or late hit, I could see there being some questions raised, but that was not the case. :eek:oooh:

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Its football not Jazz band elective.
    Thinking logically here. There must be reason for all the padding and the helmets.
    In my opinion, if you take the field you are a target. If you take the ball you are a prime target.

17. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    it was actually Al Harris, a DB who put the hit on AP knee, don't know if it was on purpose but like said before, football is a contact sport.