Packers 27 Patriots 17

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Bill D Curtis, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Thats my superbowl prediction what does every one else think?:crazy:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you are dyslexic...you have the packers outscoring the pats:wink::smile2:

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Phil.... wasn't that a great snow game, Saturday....Go Packers....

Bayrunner Ray

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    At a risk of losing my Bear fan for life membership, I say that regardles of who wins, I hope to see a good game and Farve finaly retaires!!!

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Of course he's gots the Packers outscoring the Pats .Now how else can the outcome be. Really think it will be a little closer score than that though. Maybe by a fieldgoal. GO PACKERS!!

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You guys keep forgetting there is still another Manning on the loose.

Go ELI!

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    As much as i would love to see Eli beat the Pats in the Bowl... I have to agree with Bill on this one.. Go PACKERS

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Giants 27
    Chargers 14

9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Can we even say after this weekends debacle that the Pats and Pack will win? It could be the Bolts and Giants.
    I must toss out there that the Patriots have beaten all the present playoff teams this year at least once,(some of them twice), except for the Packers. I cannot see Bret losing till the Super Bowl, Where he will come up aginst a real football team in the Patriots, and spend his game on his back lol. Sorry Eli, Giants, you are out. Bolts? you can't hang lol.

10. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Okay, a little history lesson for those not up to speed.......

When Favre "manned-up" & took to the field after devastating personal tragedy (many moons ago) the team rose to the challenge with him & together they gave football an amazing display of heart & talent.

Not to downplay the sniffles of T.O., but get real buddy. Since when were you ever looking out for something so foreign ( to you anyway ) as a team member???

Now, getting back to mho... The Packers have heard crap for way too long about Favre needing to retire, washed up, yada yada yada. Now the TEAM
    is gonna stuff it in those "doubters" faces! Get ready Super Bowl, better paint it green! Our team is coming to your door, and gonna break some hearts along the way! The Green Bay Packers are not called "America's Team" as a fluke.

11. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona

They are?!? really?

never heard anyone saying such a thing. Is the america you are reffering to a small town in Wi?

My bad, you are in Illinois, home of the Chicago Bears, now scuse yourself and go to sleep with no dessert!

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Packer being called the American Team. I dont think so. I've never heard that one. Saw something on NFL about that, Pats AFC and Cowboys NFC as the American team .
    Cowboys has always carried that title with the deserving Pats taking it over.

Packers carry the Cheese head title. LOL. Which aint bad.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    why do some wont Brett to retire. afraid of an old man. LOL
    He is one of many that makes good NFL.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm thinking your talking about when his Dad passed away. I wont forget his profermance in that game. That was one of the best , most meaningful games I watch Brett played in. He was burning in the balls to his receivers. Didn't miss a lick. That man has heart , respect IMO.

Age is catching up with him but He aint washed up. He is old school style from back in the Cowboy days of the early 90's. I like him . Plus the Packers have a dang good back up QB. I forgot his name.
    If Brett wins NFC champ game, which he should and I hope he does, I think the Pats are going to have a hand full. Brett will give his all for his last shot at the ring. he might pull a John Elway.
    He also could be back next year which wouldn't bother me a bit. He is one of the main reason I like GB. I always enjoy watching him play.
    The last time Brett/Green Bay met the Pats in SB, he won the ring but Brady didn't play and Pats didn't have the team they got today. It was Bledso. I was a fan of both teams and still am but I was pulling for the Pats to win that SB.
    I dont care who ya are, Brady and team is the best in NFL . I dont think Brady hasn't broke a sweat this year. LOL.
    Brett has a lot of old school heart . I respect both QB's but as a team, I like the Pats best. Dang, I wont both to win the SB. LOL. I'm pulling for the Pats. If Brett wins it, it wont bother me. Well maybe a little, heck maybe a lot, yea Go Pats, but it wont hurt as bad coming from Brett. Brady will still win maybe 3 more. You Colts fans best be looking for rebuilding and hope Brady retires in a few years. LOL.
    this has been a good NFL season. I have enjoyed it.
    I think the Pats will win. Its going to be a good game.

Talking bout Giants, I never really cared for them. Giants played dirty back in the Cowboy days. I loved to see the Cowboys beat em back in the 90's. loved it when E. Smith said at half time, put the ball in my hands and ran I think it was over 50 yards or something like that with a broke shoulder. Dang Jerry Jones. LOL.
    I would like little manning to beat big brother. This year he has. He gets to play in NFC
    champ game LOL.
    All that said, it aint over yet and anything could happen.

I like good NFL. I like good teams. I love my Cowboys but y'all know what I think bout that. LOL.

Go Pats, respect Brett.
    Dang, I'm like a chicken standing on a hot plate.:tounge_out:

14. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have to say about Farve that he is one of the players that really enjoy the game, he comes out to the field to have a good time, I like that attitude on him, he is a winner, unfortunatly for me, he plays for GB and I cannot stand the cheeseheads. But him as a player he is definatly one of the best.
    I do want him to hang them up so my Bears can beat up ub the cheeseheads.:smile2:

15. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, Favre is one of the most respected quarterbacks to ever play the game and rightfully so. He is liked by everyone in the league and will go down as one of the best sportsman to ever play the game, just like Peyton Manning.:wink:

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    May the best team win, as long as it aint the cheats.:cool2:

17. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Afraid if this female has to keep updating the "men folk" on football some may have to do some dishes to even up the balance.
    The Packers are "America's team" the only public owned NFL franchise.
    No Jerry Jones on this field. Can produce a stock certificate to prove it.

Please advise if there is anything else you all need :wink:!

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Well I have officially decided to now root for the Packers the rest of the way! I think Green Bay most resembles the people that root for my Steelers so I'm here to say "Go Packers"! :cool2:

19. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Dream on !!! Much as I hate to say it, being a long time Dolphin fan (remember 1972) and now living a stones throw from Jacksonville (ouch), unless something drastic happens the #$^%@ Pats are going all the way.

20. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Never afraid to lear something new even wetther it comes from a female or male, that is good to know, but then by your way of thinking, Ford Motor Co is also America's Vehicle, right? and so is any other company/corporation that has gone public, even if I don't see a penny from it.

I am not sure I agree with your statement. The way I understand the phrase "America's team" is that the USA embracess the team, when people say "as american as apple pie" I think of tradition and a long standing in the community. Not who owns a peice of the pie.
    To go a little further, when someone reffers to baseball as america's pastime it is funny to see so many non americans playing in the MLB. We market it better, and pay the player top $$ for their services, but is it really americas pastime anymore?!?
    I am not sure.