Packaged carp dough bait

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by illnoize, Jun 7, 2006.

1. illnoize

illnoize New Member

State:
    illinois
    Any of the package dough bait work good for carp?

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have never done anygood with it..Canned corn on a small hook works well for me.

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Growing up I had tried all sorts of packaged dough baits and none ever worked as good as a Wheatie Ball. Cheap and simple! Very effective.

Salmonid

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    im sure it does sometimes but why make your own. like jack said corn works good,it chums nice too.

learned this in the early70s and it still kicks but on ol rubber lips.

carpbait: get large bowel - crush wheaties with a cup or jar bottom(very fine!)-mix in sweatpotatoes(just a bit at first) - when you get a mix that stays in a ball(not to dry or wet) then sprinkle a bit of strawberry jello and mix in till it turns red.they go nuts over this stuff. corn is still the easiest bait to get and use though.

good luck on your hunt

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I've tried both strawberry and vanilla packaged dough baits for carp and both haven't produced jack. I just stick with corn and wheatys usually, and sometimes bread balls if I can. You can spice up your dough balls by putting jello in and what not, that works well too.

6. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I saw a group of older people fishing for carp using a store bought dough bait, and they were pulling them in left and right.

And the dough bait flavor was...

CORN

I am thinking of getting some of this, but mainly because I can keep it with me through several fishing trips instead of hitting the store for cans of corn.

7. LarryE

LarryE New Member

State:
    KY
    I use it whenever I'm to lazy to make some doughballs on my own and when I have the money lol

8. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i have tried the magic bait companys vinnila carp bait,but i did not have any hits,runs,or anything.but my fav bait is strawberry or cinnamon millit.

9. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    corn works best for me. every so often i go and buy 5 or 6 cans and i hardly ever use more then one can a trip so it works for me.

i found the best is i put a few poles out with corn then i put one out with a live bait such as crayfish, worm or minnow and i normaly get much larger fish on this pole as well with the bass and cats.

10. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    I've done good with the strawberry flavored doughballs by powerbait.

11. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    A box of Wheaties and you got carp bait for all summer. Works great and you just need to use small piece. Caught many on the size of grape and summer pea. You could add cinammon but just straight Wheaties works great.

12. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have fished for carp in rivers, streams and small lakes in my early years with all kinds of success. I used to sell carp to people that wanted them for fishfries at church gatherings ect, 100 lbs at a time and caught them all on yellow cornmeal boiled in a plain ole cast iron skillet on the stove. One time my father in law bought some Pop Secret spray in Paris Ky. and it worked just too good. The people around us could not figure out how we were taking soo many fish. Good fishin friends

13. CountryCarp14

CountryCarp14 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hi Man I Say Use Millet