Pacifica Reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by HARVRAD2003, Feb 25, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    While working in Las Vegas N.M. back in 2004 I bought a PACIFICA P6000 spinning reel, it's pretty heavy and large. The reel itself holds 20/175, 30/140, 40/115 and has 5 ball bearings, the place I bought it at said they use these up in the North West area around Seattle Washington area. I think it would be great with power pro line on it and fished from a boat, it's way to large I think to use as a bank casting reel, however it could be. I paid 29.00 dollars for this reel, it seems to built stout as an ox, but I can't seem to find out any info on the internet about it. Has anyone ever heard of this reel or used it, I'm hoping to get some line on it and fish with it this year, not quit sure on what rod to buy, thought about a nice 7' M TIGER Ugly Stick.

2. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Hey Bro,
    I have lived in Washington state for the past 16 years. Pacifica is a kind of local (to the northwest) company. They do make some decent rods/reels. They may not be as pretty or refined, but they are built stout from what I've seen. There is not much info out on the products that can be found. Sounds to me like they need a new publicity person.:)

Hope this helps, & know it's not much. But I can find much either and I live here (for 9 more days anywhay and then I'm homeward bound)!

Frank

3. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Guys do any of you have a picture of one or know where a guy can buy one It sound worthy of a try.

4. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I bought mine in Santa Fe N.M. at a sports store, it was the only one they had left originally 39.00 on sale for 29.00. They said that there was not a big need for them there due to being a ocean spinning reel and that they were mainly sold up in the North West part of the United States. SORRY but I do not have a picture I have no digital camera or a way to down load a picture, just checked to see if there was a picture on the internet, no good. The only thing I know to do is get a good rod to use with it and try it out.

5. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
    Here's a picture I found online:

Attached Files: