PA members please read

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Scott Daw, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    GUN REGISTRATION BILL
    House Bill No. 760 was introduced in the State House of representatives last week.
    The bill was introduced by representatives Cruz, Youngblood, Parker, Wheatley, Bennington and Curry.

The legislation calls for every gun in Pennsylvania to be registered with the state, and each registration must be renewed annually. The registration would cost the gun owner $10 per gun each year. The bill also calls for each gun owner to be fingerprinted, have a back ground check, and to submit pass port-style photos for registration cards. The registration card for each gun would then have to be carried with that gun at all times. Any gun that registration is denied for would then be confiscated by the state police.

House Bill No. 760 was referred to a committee last week, and there's no word on when the house would vote on it.
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/...760&pn=0881

I verified the story with the morning call Christian Berg from the Morning Call. Its no joke!

2. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

thats horrible, to own a gun will be a hassle to keep up with the permits, and make sure you have the card on you at all times?

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Scott - Thanks for posting this ! That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of and all sportsman need to be outraged by it!:eek:oooh:

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Click on this link and it will take you to The House of Representatives Site. There you will find a list of Representatives. Click on the names of those backing the bill and you will be able to send each an email. Also I'm listing their addresses and phone numbers. This is a serious threat to us all and none of us can afford to sit idly by. Please let these people know how you feel.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/...tives_alpha.cfm

Hon. Angel Cruz
    2749 North 5th Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19133
    (215) 291-5643

Hon. Cherelle L. Parker
    1536 E. Wadsworth Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19150
    (215) 242-7300

Hon. Rosita C. Youngblood
    5736 Greene Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19144
    (215) 849-6426

Hon. Jake Wheatley
    2015-2017 Centre Avenue
    Pittsburgh, PA 15219
    (412) 471-7760

Hon. Lisa Bennington
    1808 Chislett Street
    Pittsburgh, PA 15206
    (412) 361-2040

Hon. Lawrence H. Curry
    1 Jenkintown Station, Ste 211
    115 West Avenue
    Jenkintown, PA 19046
    (215) 572-5210

5. SanteeCooperKat

SanteeCooperKat New Member

State:
    PA/SC
    This bill is insane. If this is for government funding, there are better ways to do it. Secondly, do you even have to register non-sporting (self defense) firearms?

Lastly, how do you even register a firearm?

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Ya'll better start voting for the right people over there!!

Yes and write the people that are in there now.

We know what the next step if it were to pass would be.

:crazy:

7. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    damn that will cost me like 150 a year just to have the guns, hmmm looks like im gonna go make some calls right now actualy.

maybe we can get something online to sign and send it to them with a few hundred names or so?

8. Katfish-hunter

Katfish-hunter New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks for the info Scott. I have heard of this before. They claim it will help keep guns out of the wrong hands. That is completely ridiculous what it will do is make it a hassle for law abiding citizens to get personal protection when the fact is that it's not registered guns the knuckleheads are using to kill each other it's black market guns. bottom line is I should have the to protect myself and not at the price of being treated like a criminal to do it. Target the real criminals not sportsman and law abiding citizens.

9. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I got it from a good sorce, that bill is dead in the water.