Pa members interested in attending the 2010 Boc National Gathering!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I started this thread to see if there any Pa. members thinking about attending the BOC 2010 National Gathering at Kentucky Lake State Park. I attended the 2006 National Gathering at Kentucky Lake along with fellow BOC member "catchinghogs". I really enjoyed the trip and hope to make the 2010 event. Kentucky Lake State Park is 650 miles from Pittsburgh to let everyone know the travel distance required. It would be cool to have a few Pa. representitives at this gathering! :cool2:

2. FTL6

FTL6 New Member

State:
    Reading,Pa.
    I think that's about a 13 hr. ride for the eastsiders.:sad2:

3. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Scott. I am planning on attending as long as the funds and time off are there... If there is some good interest, some of us could travel together to save on gas/expenses. I will hopefully tow the jon down with me to at least have something to get out onto the water!

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

If I still have a job then yes lol you never know what will happen these days. I'll probably get one of my fishing buddies to come with me and also i'll have my new boat by them. :big_smile:

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Kentucky lake is only about 2 hours from where my parents live in Indiana. I am planning on spending a couple weeks there this summer and if the schedule correspond, it could be doable.

It would be major haul for the Eastsiders. We're talking at least 13 hours!

Sounds fun!

6. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

welp its 13 hours and 48 minutes from my house :eek:oooh: 871.20 miles!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
  7. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I'm planing on making the trip. I'm hoping to get a spot in the campground

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,m gonna roll on down if the finances work out.

9. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    It's still early, but I'm thinking hard about making it. Not sure I'f i'm gonna drag the boat along though. Will just have to see how things work out closer to that time, but yeah it's on my list of things to do next year.

PS: wouldn't this be a hoot, about 10 or 15 cars loaded with guys all riding down together. That would be a fun trip all in it's self.`

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  10. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA

I can see it already, there are going to be a TON of us talking about it and saying we are going, and then when it comes down 1 or 2 will show! Just like the PA meets we have tried to have over the past year! C'mon PA, lets make the national gathering as good of a showing as we have here on the board! We have a reputation to hold up! :wink:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Here's a few things I can tell you about Kentucky Lake State Park. 1) It is very nice, with many tent and camper spots plus there are cabins available. There is a place close by to get a fishing license, bait, food, supplies, etc. There is tons of shoreline near the campground to fish but having a boat would be better and I think they have boats for rent which I would be interested in getting one. I really enjoyed meeting the many members that attended the 2006 National Gathering and hope to make the 2010. Yes it is a long drive and will cost some money but its almost a year away so there is plenty of time to try and get plans and finances in order. Hope to see a Pa. representation! :big_smile:

12. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Money wont be a problem with me the only thing is having a person to come down with me. almost 14 hours of driving is pretty crazy doing it alone. As long as I get one of my friends to come do a 7 hour driving shift, everything will be alright. I'm def looking forward for this. What did they have at the gathering? A catfish tourney right?

13. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Well ya just never know. Times are tough for some with the economy, family obligations, work obigations and what not. Priorities do play into things. But If a lot of guys are willing to work together. The biggest expense going from Pa would be the gas to get there and back. Travel expenses could be shared by carpooling. Gas, eats and drinks, split 2 or 3 ways should help out alot.

From what I've read Paul is working on some good deals for the campground part of it. campsite fees split 2,3 or even more ways is a lot better then each person doing it their selves. not sure how many can stay at a campsite, but the way I'm looking at it, the more the merrier.

This is do-able. With the following the BOC has here in PA. It would be cool to have a bunch of us show up. Personally, There is a lot of friends here on the BOC I'd like to meet face to face. I got a sneaky suspicion if a person can make it, they wouldn't regret having experienced a gathering of this magnitude. The friends and good times will far outweight the expense. This will be something we'll talk about for years to comes. Might not be of a woodstock status, but it's all what you make of it.

I'm game if the rest of ya are.

14. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    PS. Just being able to sit back and watch the festivities between a bunch of Steeler and Eagles and Flyers and Penquins fans would be well worth the price of admission.:smile2::smile2:

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Just being able to sit, talk smack, and drink a few cold brews with Steelers fans is worth the 13 hour drive.:cool2:

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Adam - Yes there was a Catfish contest during the gathering. There was a big trophy for the biggest Cat caught.

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    There is a thread with pictures from the 2006 gathering. Go to the 2010 Gathering section and the thread is there. I posted a bunch of pics! :big_smile:

18. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I'm planing my vacation around that time so I can stay a couple extra days and fish

19. pennsyvinn

pennsyvinn Member

State:
    PA
    I think a road trip is probably what I need right about now.It's hard to keep my sanity nowadays,with a wife & 3 young kids:eek:oooh::smile2:I'm on the fence right now,fellas.If some of my schyulkill river heros:wink: step up,it wouldn't take much to talk me into it

20. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Would love to go again. Had a good time at the first one.If you start saving now money should not be a problem.would be nice to see PA with a good representation.Will be keeping an eye on this thread.