Pa. General Conversation Thread

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by kenlaw76, Jul 1, 2009.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    We should post all of our general conversation stuff here and leave the report threads for reports.

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Sounds like a good idea to me.Gotta sort through some lonnnnnnnng conversations sometimes.:0a36:.

3. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Great idea, some guys like to talk a lot. No offense to Readingcatfisher and northporttroller.:wink: Just had to say that. LOL!

4. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    :smile2::smile2: It's all good though. Some guys just get excited about their catfishing. That is why I am on about 6 differant forums. But I have to say that this one is my favorite.:wink:

5. WTF??:eek:oooh:

6. WayneV

WayneV Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I like to talk bout fishing. Im sure Dr. Phil has a board for other stuff.

7. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Calm down now!:0a28:

8. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    thats funny :smile2:

9. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    :smile2::big_smile::smile2:

10. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    I like to talk too about my passion for catfish....but I have found out that I do much better by reading everything people post on here....I've started out fishing this year in a new river and to be honest....all the post on here that I have read has probaly taken two years off my learning curve...when I first started fishing the delaware years ago it ttok my almost 8 mnths to start catching anything on a regul;ar basis.....now I have started fishing the potomac....even though it's in maryland it's still closer than the suskie for me.....and given everything I have read on here I have been able to get into fish right away....thanks to everyone for there sharing of the knowledge....if I could I would rep you all....I look forward to maybe hooking up with some of you die hard bank fisherman for a night of fishing....I am game for driving to where ever your are just to get to meet you all in person and say thank you....oh and by the way thank you.

11. That's a bitter pill to swallow dude.:0a30: :embarassed:

I'll get you back in the NHL thread in a few months buddy.:wink::smile2::smile2:

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

For the Potomac, all you need is a boat and a good depth finder and it's AUTOMATIC 20lb blue cats!

13. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    thats the lower part...I fish the upper part and from the bank....but I am starting to get into some....just nothing of any size.....I'd say the biggest has been around 4 pounds.....I put alot of time into it....sometimes 4 nights a week....so it's a matter of time....before I came on here all I used was livers....no I'm fishing live bait whenever I can....with differn't hooks....I use to use large straight hooks.......or I fish cut bait.....I'm telling you this site has changed my fishing.

14. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Since this is general conversation. Has anyone heard of furrys they had a convention in downtown pittsburgh today and there was all kind of freaks walking around in animal costumes. As if there wasnt enough freaks in downtown.
    :smile2:

15. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I'm glad I can come here to read the posts or I'd be ready for the looney bin just sitting around. sorry if it seems like I ramble alot but I'm way past being bored! I think I've messed with my tackle a zillion times the last four weeks!
    I may be able to get out a lob a line or two this weekend but I'm not holding my breath on that. I'm more worried that I will not be able to get anything in if I would hook into anything.
    I know I'm a "Broken Record" but this SUCKS!

16. That's why you got catfishing buddies on here dude.:wink:

Gotta get stuff off your brain.:cool2:

17. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i agree as i'm going freaking nuts as well with no end in sight. saw doctor monday and he said everything is healing well. have to see him in another 4 weeks. have immobilizer brace on and still getting around with a walker. am not allowed to bend knee in any way, shape, or form yet. i know physical therapy is going to be a bear once i start up with it. knee still hurts like crazy but seems to be getting better. now i'm just hoping tat i will be able to make it out for flatheads at least one more time this year. thanks to all of you for your posts and pics as they are helping me keep my sanity. much appreciated folks.

18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You better give yourself about 100 self injecting MOJO shots!

19. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I'm sorry if I ruined the thread or overtalked it.Sorry I ruined especially for you Jay I'll try and keep the chatter down let me know if it gets too much for ya

20. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i would Tan but since this whole mess started i've been poked, prodded, and injected enough to last 10 people a lifetime. no more needles for me if i can help it. i feel like a pin cushion. LOL!!!!