PA Fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by TheFatCat, Jan 23, 2008.

1. TheFatCat

TheFatCat New Member

State:
    PA
    I'm new to Catfish1 and wanted to know if anyone had any luck fishing the winter months for Cats at Lake wallenpaupack .

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Welcome to the BOC from the Hoosier State.Warning this site can become addicting!:smile2:

3. TheFatCat

TheFatCat New Member

State:
    PA
    I hope it is, since I need to do something other then shopping for Reels.

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Welcome to The BOC Aaron. I don't hear about much cat action coming from up there. I usually hear alot of smallmouth reports though. :cool2:

5. Romo

Romo New Member

State:
    PA
    You'll never know until you try! Pick a warm day and throw out a ton of different baits and see what happens. I hear that is a big place, so I would look for docks or some kind of structure to fish around if fishing from shore.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Aaron - Welcome to the B.O.C.! :0a25: :0a23: Always nice to see a new Pa. member onboard! :big_smile: I can't help you any with Wallenpaupack as that is the whole way on the other side of the state from me. Are you talking about ice fishing or open water?

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Welcome to the BOC. I don't fish lakes much so I would suggest doing the basics. Livers, shiners, and cut fish. Good luck!

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the boc!! I've boated on that lake and my cousin got married there but I havent had the pleasure of fishing it yet. I hear theres alot of good fish there. I have seen a large dead channel cat floating at the one boat dock, so theres something good swimming around in there.

p.s. the restaurant on the water there has good food and a dock for the diners to stop at.

9. TheFatCat

TheFatCat New Member

State:
    PA
    So does anyone know where you can get a good used outboard motor?

I have a 50 on my boat now, and would like to cranch it up a notch and havn't had much luck finding a used motor.

Thanks everyone.

10. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania

Try craigs list.

11. TheFatCat

TheFatCat New Member

State:
    PA
    I looked at Craigslist and it looks like in PA there are more posts then most other States.

12. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Aaron welcome to the BOC sorry i dont know anything about that area but we catch some hawgs in the winter months here in Va. But you are in the right place now to find out.