PA Channel Cat Bragging Rights Championship

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by delawareriver, May 13, 2008.

1. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    im pretty jelaous of the PA flathead championship going on right now. anyone wanna do a east vs west channel cat championship? i know u northern guys wanna get in on this. i was thinking a 7 or 8lb min. what do you guys think?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm in. I'll try to get it rollin today.:cool2:

3. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i say 7lb min, and same as the flattheads, susky and east of the river the east side, west of the suskie west side. picture with the fish always a plus but it will be honor system since nothing besides bragging rights will at stake. lets see some wiskers asap

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I'm in!

I get a nice channel that has enough guts to throat one of my sunfish for flatheads.

5. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Count me in too. I'm heading out this evening & hopefully have some pics to post to kick it off.

6. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    yep me and my friend are going out tomorrow night so the pictures to follow!!!

7. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    i'm in to, If we started this a couple weeks I could of entered a few already

8. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    can my roommate get in on this? hahah , 32" channel from maxwell dam on the mon, we didnt have a scale but estimated ~15lbs.

Attached Files:

9. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Nice channel!! Your guesstimation on the weight should pretty close to being right.

10. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Fished from 3:30 PM to midnight & the skunk was hangin around somewhere!
    All I got was four cats & the biggest one was 15 inches! I haven't been out for a while though & just being along the river at night was good enough for me. Back to the drawin board!!!

11. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    na to me it looks alittl short of the 7lb min. jk yea thats a great cat!

west 1
    east 0

12. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    fished the delaware and just missed a point. landed 3 channels 2 at 19 inchs and one at 24. the 24 weighed like 6.8, i also had 16 and 17 inch bullheads and 3 eels. i had 2 poles out with large lively creek chubs and i had 2 good runs but no hook ups (stripper, large channel, or maybe even a flatie?)

13. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    Sounds like ya had some decent action. Nice to have a chance for a striper along with the channels. The channels should be getting into their spawning mode soon.

14. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    could have done better once i knew where to fish for them. had alot of action in near shore but it was small fish, the bull heads and eels, once i started fishing in some current in about 12 foot of water i hit all 3 channels.

yea hopefully i can get out a couple more nights before they really start spawning

15. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    got out tonight for like an hour, had 3 small ones and lost a good one on a light pole. had a small run a live creek chub also that could have been a stripper or large cat. hopefully a night this week i can get my first point

16. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    brother you should of took those eels and used them for bait the blues around here will tear em up

17. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    next time ill send them down to you. we dont have any blues up here but the eels make good cut bait for the channels and good live bait for strippers.

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Count me in on the Channel Cat competition. :big_smile: If the winter weather ever ends around here maybe I'll catch something! :wink:

19. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Definitely, I'll jump on the bandwagon. Guess it's time I buy a scale huh?

20. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Make sure you test your sdcale too .. you dont wanna pull a 40#er in and think its 38# :eek:oooh: like i did.