PA BOC Gathering Poll--Please vote and help make this a reality

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by alpal16, Jan 31, 2009.

Would you attend a PA BOC gathering at Raystown Lake on May 29, 30, 31 2009?

1. Yes, I will definitely attend.

2. No, because I am not happy with the location.

3. No, because I am not happy with the dates.

4. No, I won't attend no matter when or where it is.

5. Maybe, I will have to check, but the place and dates are good.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Hey Guys.

I noticed that our previous BOC gathering thread has kind of died out, so I thought I would try and start a new one with a poll to see where everyone is at. Based on the last thread, the place the majority of people were wanting was Raystown Lake (half-way for the eastsiders and westsiders). One of the dates floated about was the weekend after Memorial Day (May 29, 30, 31) thinking that a lot of people would have just taken vacation the previous weekend and would not be likely to be out this weekend. Plus, it would not be into the Summer where it might also be hectic. I put together this poll to try and get a sense of where people are with this scenario and to see if we should proceed with trying to book some space at one of the campgrounds.

I am asking ALL PA brothers and sisters to please vote in this poll and post any ideas/concerns about the potential gathering. If we can get this thing nailed down soon, I think we can pull it off and have a really good time!:cool2: The cutoff date for voting in the poll will be Monday, Feb 16th at 11:59PM so that we are not hashing this thing out forever.

So, the proposal is Raystown Lake, May 29, 30, 31. Thanks everyone for their attention and participation.

2. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I will be there the date is perfect. Its one of the few weekends I have free from fishing tourneys. Can't wait

3. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I should be there for that weekend. I fish raystown lake 3 times a year and Im actually am already planned on the weekend to be there. I'll also be there 2 weeks before that weekend. I love the bass fishing there. I usually fish all day for stripers in browns hollow and walkers hollow. I only actually caught 2 catfish there but I never fished for them there. I usually get a campsite a point camp and put the boat on the shoreline right there. Or if thats full ill go down to valley and put the boat at shoreline by the road. But yea I should def be there.

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

And if you wanna bank fish there you could either use a cast net to catch shad or alewifes. If you cant do that then you could go down the bait shop near point camp area and buy 5-6 inch trout. If your bottom fishing with those baits you can get catfish or stripers. :wink:

5. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Dates should work for me....just gotta try and get the time off work.

6. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    location/dates sound good just have to try and get off work

7. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    That is prime Flathead time. I could prob. be able to make it. I might bring the family.

8. tomsfishing4

tomsfishing4 New Member

State:
    pa
    if i had to work,that would be the only thing holdin me back. other than that im there seirously.....tom

9. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Ken, keep in mind there are no flatheads in Raystown lake. But there are some real nice channels and just about everything else:smile2:

10. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I know. I will prob. target Musky or Stripers.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    During the school year, I won't be able to make it:sad2:.

12. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I know I can't make it I've got problems greater than I can handle right now

13. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    As long as I dont go through with this then I will be there. Other than that, I am in 100%.

14. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    .. well Now that won't do. :sad2: sorry tan, didn't think of that... so, we need to move it out a few weeks, later.

no calender handy. what about the third weekend in June? Cats will prolly be in the spawn anyway, and we could just have fun with strippers!

15. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I'm sorry I would love to be there with my family but my home situation is kinda messed up I moved in with my brother because he got his second offense DUI long story short I helped my brother out now he is done using me and basically is kicking me out so I'm screwed. I'm glad my wife was home when I had my heart attack or I'd be dead the jackass was telling me to calm down while I'm dying because he was so wasted:sad2:

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I went to vote on the poll but its saying poll is closed! :confused2: Anyway, not sure if the dates would work for me. Oldest daughter graduates from college end of May and I may be moving her back home that weekend.

17. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Sorry about the poll being closed. When I setup the poll, I made the cutoff date for 2/20 :confused2:. Don't know what happened.......

Anyway, if you read this post, then just post what your vote would be and we will take it from there.....

Again---sorry about the confusion:confused2::sad2: Hope it doesn't screw ya'll up too much.....

Best...