PA BOC Eastside Gathering--Ideas

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by alpal16, Feb 11, 2009.

1. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Hey Everybody,

Since most everybody thought that having separate Eastside and Westside gatherings was the way to go, I thought to get the ball rolling on the Eastside.

I am relatively new to the area so I don't really know about good locations that would hold a decent amount of people and also have good fishing access along with lodging opportunities. I guess we would like a spot with camping and fishing access for flatheads. Philly would be tough b/c of the camping situation.

If you all don't mind, how about throwing out some ideas for potential locations on the Eastside. If you know of good fishing spots that you are willing to share that would be awesome, but I know of the concern of burning your hard learned spots. I just want to start a dialog on the potential get-together.

I know that school is a concern for some, and timing with the weather and the flathead bite is also a concern. It was mentioned on the previous thread that August would be a good month, so how about shooting for that as a timeframe?

What do you all think? Any and all input would be valued. Thanks. Hope to hear from everyone.

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I'm lurking the riverbank 5 to 6 days a night during mid April to early November anyways:wink:! Within that timeframe, I can readily available and deploy at a moment's notice:cool2:.

There are plenty of place to camp in the city limits of Philadelphia is you are willing to bend a few rules and if you have the gonads to do it:crazy::eek:oooh:.

I will have to talk to Kenlaw first about a potential spot we can hold the gathering, but no lurkers!

3. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Shoot I'm game. Pretty much just need a date and place. I'll work it in if possible.

4. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    As long as I'm done moving I'd be into hitting the banks somewhere with the eastside hopefully get some fish meet some of the other fishermen maybe get a flat:wink:

5. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Tan how about down behind the Art museam, nobody will bother you there will they:smile2:

6. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I am game for this. Not sure of any places really. I never really fished any places around Philly (Been wanting to). I know you have Valley Forge and there probably are some good spots in Philly. Just tell me where and when and I will be there.

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Jim,

The Art Museum area gets pretty crowded especially during nice/warm weather days. Bikers, joggers, unsupervised children who bother you and ask you dumb question, the list can go on. Also that area is considered Fairmount Park and closes at 11PM:embarassed:. All cars in parking lots are ticketed after 11PM. So there will definitely NO CAMPING. Parking is a problem too.

8. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

im down for whatever. i wanted to make a trip down there anyway so give me a date and place and ill be there. :smile2:

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    you guys have a good time

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    sounds good, i'd be into that, i'm not sure if there are any over nite camping spots or parks that allow over nite camping, even blue marsh doesn't allow any type of over nite camping, finding enough room to spread out 15-20 people would be nice

11. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    if it was just a one nite meet then i would suggest blue marsh, your allowed to be there for fishing at nite but wouldn't be able to set up any tents or anything like that, there is plenty of room over by the beach area to have 100 people lined up along the bank and also there are bath rooms and soda machines right in front of the beach area with plenty of parking, even grills with picnic tables right there, and after all the state record came out of there:wink:

12. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA

Thanks, Tan.:cool2:

13. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Do you know of any campsites that are nearby enough that we could fish at Blue Marsh and then go to a campsite after fishing? If there were, we could hit a couple different spots on the lake.

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Depending on how many ACTUALLY show up, there are spots all over the river on both sides where we are not technically allowed to camp, but no one is gonna jungle trek out into the woods at night and make us go home:wink:.

15. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I know a few spot just like that Tan where nobody is gonna come through the woods to chase guys out along the river:wink:

16. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Are you figuring shore or boat fishing? Just wondering because a camper and boat would be a real trick to tow :eek:oooh:
    anyway, There are a couple campgrounds in the area. From between about 15 minutes to 1/2 hour away. Depends on if you like fairly crowded campgrounds or not

17. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Hey Tan, we could have it by where I get shad. There is a pretty nice size parking lot there.

18. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Too shallow, son!

I got a spot in Conshy that looks promising!

19. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Blue Falls Grove isn't very far from Blue Marsh thats a pretty decent campground isn't it I don't really know too much about it but I do know its not very far from Blue marsh

20. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    If its gonna be down near Philly I'll come fish till I get tired and come home like a night out on the boat with Lenny stay out till 4-5 am call it a day meet everyone that would be great to meet everyone fish a few hours just B.S a while head for home at 3-4 works for me