P-line Or Power Pro???

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by HUSKER77, Jul 19, 2006.

1. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    LET'S SEE WHAT YOU PREFER!
    GIVE YOUR OPINION ON WHICH LINE IS BEST FOR THE BIG CATS.
    P-LINE OR POWER PRO?
    PLEASE GIVE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES TO BOTH!

2. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    There are both good lines. I prefer Power-Pro myself. If you want to read about both lines go to www.tackletour.com they did a write up on both these lines. Pretty interesting reading.

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I am curious also. Has anyone tried them both? whats you opinion. I would like to use one but don't know which one yet.

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have never used P-Line.

Have used Fireline and Power Pro, both in lower tests (8 or 10) and prefer the Fireline. I like the fused or coated braids better. They are not as thin, but are a lot easier to handle and less likely to tangle. Maybe that's not a problem with the heavier tests, but it sure is with the light stuff.

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I have used both, and I would say that overall I like P-line the best. Dont get me wrong, power pro is great, but I think that the monofilament is best. Power pro is nice and memory-free, and its strong for its diameter, but around rocks, sticks etc. I have never found it to be very abrasion resistant (likely because of the small diameter, but I am not sure). It also has very little stretch. P-line has a little memory (not much at all) so it casts great. It doesnt have much stretch either (more than power pro, but less than almost any other mono that I have tried), and it is amazingly abrasion resistant. So what I would say is if you were fishing areas without many snags/rip rap areas; something with sandy bottom, I would go with power pro. Anything with snags though I would use P-line with, less you want to break your line off quickly.

6. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I use them both! I like P-line way better and will probably never buy power pro again! I have always felt that power pro is over rated! For brute strength power pro cant be beat, but brute strength is'nt everything! P-Line has never let me down!

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I like P-line for most of my fishing probably 90 plus percent of the time. Mainly because it is super tough and has just enough stretch that it helps cushion some of the shock from larger fish.When I need that extra bit of sensitivity I go for the Power Pro, actually I use Spiderwire Stealth. They are basically the same. When I use the Power Pro I use a heavy mono leader for the needed abrasion resistance.
    If I had to pick only one line it would be hands down P-Line. There are several different styles to choose from depending on the application. My #1 favorite catfish line is P-Line CXX Premium in the new flourescent green/yellow color in 25# test. This line shows up better than anything out there.

whatever it takes

Cheez

8. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I hear that. Some good line there. I also like the electric blue big game too. Monofilament is the only way to go for catfish in my opinion.

9. mangus

mangus New Member

State:
    n.c.
    ive used the p-line and its ok but berkley big game in green 40lb test works the best for me. i also like the stren super braid 40lb test with a berkley big game leader tied on.

10. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I have used both, and the powerpro still wins hands down. It does not have the stretch that mono has and is a lot easier to set the hook with. Mono requires to much of a hookset. Plus the powerpro is super sensitive.