P-Line fishing line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by vini, Jun 23, 2006.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Been hearing alot of good things about this line to bought 600 yds of the stuff to try out anyone using it?

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have 40# P line on a couple of reels and I really like it so far.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I use it on two of my poles, the othe two I have Sufix Tritanium. Both are my favorites

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I been using p-line flouracarbon for a while now. I have it on 3 rods from 6 pounds to 20 pounds and I love it! I have 4 other reels I intend to put it on! I have to say it's the best line I have used! I am done with power pro!

5. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I ve used the CX and CXX quit a bit for bass fishing. Didnt really like the CXX as it was just a tadd to stiff for me,but i used it anyway because it is super strong. I would compare the CXX to Big Game,except a better quality line.

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a friend who owns a tackle shop and he tested it for 1 year and it's all he now uses, I started using it and love it. It took 1 cast for me to tell this is a different kind of line. My friend says most of the tournament fisherman he knows use it. My test showed me it takes more to break it than big game and before this big game was the strongest I had tested. The box says it is 40% stronger but I found it to be even stronger.

I like the P-Line.

7. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I Purchased Some 200lb Powerpro And....holy S*#t Is It Strong!!! Aint No Fish Gonna Break This Stuff!!! I Set The Drag All The Way Up And Commense O Rip The Jaws Off The Cats! It Was 226.00 For 1500 Yards, But Wee Worth It. I Originally Purchased It For Offshore Fishing To Rig It For Tuna And Amberjack N Stuff. Killer String!!! And Not So Thick That U Cant Put Enough On The Reel.
    Shaun

8. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I started using P line about two years ago and I like it very much. The majority of my catfish poles have 20 lb line and I also use the same 20 lb line to snag 50+ pound spoonbills the last two years. It seems plenty strong for just about most applications. I like it better than big game, seems to cast farther and stronger in comparable lb test line. I also started using some 4 lb line for my crappie and perch poles and like it very much also.

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i would say p-line is the best copolymer line out there. but, since im a cheap b#$#@#d i buy big-game mono instead. big game is a great line dont get me wrong, but that p-line i think is way better.

10. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It is strong, has low memory, and seems to last better than some lines. It is the best line I have used. I tried (wasted my money on) several different brands this year becuase I didn't want to shell out the money on P-Line. I, however, ended up buying it anyway. I still use Big Game (also a good line) for catfishing because I like the stretch. On some applications I use Power Pro, but for a mono I like P-Line the best.

11. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Thanks guys for all the replys I got the 17# to try out.

A few weeks back using firewire just after setting the hook on something decent, the line just broke in two not even a snap it simple seperated, not at any knot either and it was 20 # so it's coming off and Plines going on.

Delta I remember you mentioning the stuff awhile back and i've seen alot of different fishermen mentioning the stuff so its got to be good.

Pline it is...

12. dec1979

dec1979 New Member

State:
    colorado
    I just bought P line CX. I tried it out this weekend. So far I love it.

13. Mudville

Mudville New Member

maybe i'll try me some.......after this berkley vanish.

14. cschottfish

cschottfish New Member

State:
    Ofallon, Mo.
    All my rods have p-line on them from 2# to 20# if it's not braid its p-line.

15. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    The only folks I believe that don't like P-Line are the ones that have never used it or have mis-applied it. Try this test; tie any other mono to one side of a ring and tie P-Line to the other side of the ring. Tie the lines between 2 trucks or 4 wheelers or whatever. Then throw a towel over the ring.(This is so that when the P-Line breaks the other line the ring won't hit something and tear it up)
    CXX Extra Strong is for stump pulling,abrasion resistant power.
    CX Premium is softer and has very little memory.
    P-Line is not really that much more money either. If you figure it outlasts the less expensive lines 2 or 3 to one, it is actually LESS expensive.

whateber it takes

Cheez