P line cx flourocarbon

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by jasonminitruck, Nov 23, 2008.

1. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Has anyone trie the p line cx Flourocarbon line. If so how does it work, and would you recomend it? Thinking about trying it, but would like to hear how it works and if it is a good idea.
    Thanks, Jason

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    p line is some of the best i have seen 25# out do 50 # other types of line

3. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    LOL, You said it Bro, I cannot say how many yrs I've used PLine,almost 10 I think?. I ha walked into Samirna Bait & tackle and told my Friend that I needed some line,he said you need to try this PLine if you want some of the strongest line out there!! He went on to say how he was out in his boat fishing and got hung up and tried to pull and jerk and pulled and jerked and he could not get it free, so he tried to break it off,,NO GOOD He said as he pulled to break the line , it just pulled his 18' boat over to the hang up with no problem..Needless to say he cut his line.

And I can say this! ONCE I Spooled my first reel with it,I never looked back at the Line I was using, not to say it was a bad line,because I had used it for many yrs prior.. IT sure didn't take long after that I refilled All my gear.

Have you ever seen Kevin Van Damn fish? Pro Bass// Fast and furious, thats how I fish when on a school of cats,( they swim in schools ) keeping them in the feeding mode by keeping the bait in the same area as the first hook-up (as fast as I can after each fish is caught) Set the hook and crank, get him to the top and reel as fast as you can skipping the fish( 1-4# ) across the water if need be,jerking it up and unhooking, dropping the fish,re-baiting and casting back to them almost in one movement,thats how I fish and I need a strong line to take the punishment and PLine has not once broke on a fish..I did break off on a couple of rock ledges, but I had to almost cut my fingers off in doing so..

1st Pic, left;The XT Copolymer (green ) is bad to the bone, holds memory longer than most, takes awhile to straighten out and fly right.. But it will drag a truck..

right; PLine HALO, on the reel, feels a little stiff filling, I might say kinda hard?? haven't used it yet.But it looks promising.

2nd Pic,Black Box,
    So far Floroclear the Fluorocarbon coated Line;30# Is my #1 choice so far,and its whats on all my reels, Clear,smooth cast-ability ( lays flat coming off the reel..:wink:and strong as the rest;cannot bust this stuff.:wink:

#4- PLine Fluorocarbon; 100% pure fluorocarbon, which is the new one I will try this yr also..It has been extruded to have very little memory allowing it to fish and cast very well on both spinning and casting applacations..and I'm sure its as good as its predecessors.

All I can tell you Bro,,If I had a world record cat on the hook, I want PLine tied to it:big_smile: Kenny.

Attached Files:

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have some spools of 20 and 25 ill give you a roll just let me know

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I've been wondering about Pline, as I've been hearing about it.. thanks for the posts ,

I've got 2 extra Abu Garcia 7000 reels I want to spool up, and , didn't know what to put on them,,,, so, I think I'll try some of this stuff..

From what you're sayin', it sounds like a performance blend of the best qualities of mono and braid all put together??:big_smile:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Every reel i own has p-line on it. It does retain memory but occasionally tie it to the mailbox and back off reel and give it a good stretchin, your back like new. I like to run reel magic on mono too.

7. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    iam talking with vicious line right now it is made with the same type stuff will let you know pline is hard to beat

8. ninrugger

ninrugger New Member

State:
    WI
    was using p-line 8# flourocarbon leader material i think for a leader on some of my lighter rods for smallies......i noticed it had A LOT of stretch to it. i haven't tried any other p-line offerings yet....maybe next year i'll find something.