Ozarks report, Saturday and Sunday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, yes I'm crazy and can't get enough fishing regardless of the weather so I headed out Saturday afternoon in the snow and ice. Got to Warsaw and the weather SUCKED, no snow but sleet and high winds. Got out and found shad, then fished for a couple hours and caught about 10 total, nothing big. Fished all day today (Sunday) and had the best day of the year so far. Caught 30+ cats total, 2 biggest fish went 31 pounds and 22 pounds, both weighed and released. I was on the phone with Scotty when I was bringing in the 22 pounder, pretty funny stuff but had to do it to rub it in for not going. Kept a 5 fish limit all nice fish in the 10 pound range, will take pictures before I clean them tomorrow. Sorry for no big fish pictures, really hard to do when I'm by myself and a picture of the fish on the floor of the boat really doesn't show how big it is. Will be back Wednesday and Thursday, can't wait. The water was colder, about 48 degress most places in the main channel, coves mid 50's depending on how far back you were. Been a while since I've had a day with that many fish, they really started biting after dark. I just got home so figured I'd post my results. Chris

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    way to go buddy !!!!!!!! congrats dude on GETTING R DONE !!:wink:

3. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by catfishscotty [​IMG]
    well that crazzy guy buddy of mine chris just called and he got down to warsaw this afternoon put his boat in and found shad and is fishin and he allready caught a couple man hes a braver soul then me with this crazzy weather !!!! the guy just aint right :crazy::eek:oooh::smile2:

just kidding chris

if he catches some hawgs im gonna kick myself in the butt for not going :sad2::sad2: i supose he has the right to call me a wimp now for sure !!!:smile2::smile2:

psssst well im kicking myself in the arse !!!! chris just called me and he really got into them ... wow was he giving me chitt for wussing out lol :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2: ,,, I know he wasnt foolin me several times we talked on the phone after dark and I heard his clickers screaming then heard the fish floping in the water when he was netting them .
    while i was sitting on my butt at home watchin bugs bunny with my son oo wait its power rangers and sponge bob now adays .lol

heres a little toon for ya Chris ,,, RAIN ,,HAIL,,SLEET,,OR SNOW iM GONNA FISH SO COME ON ANGEL LOAD UP LETS GO :wink::wink:

WAY TO GO CHRIS !!!!!!

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Already saw that Scotty, PERFECT is all I can say. I wonder if my Peavey amp will run off of my 12v plug in out on the boat? If so we'll make a metal version of that song :cool2:

5. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    heck ya brother get out your electric guitar and lets jammmm !!!!

sure am glad ya cant catchem with all the beer guzzeling hillbillies snagging :smile2::smile2::smile2:

iI still havnt heard a report from lake jacommo yet have you ??? lmao

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats Chris. Your a trooper for fishing in that, and it paid off for you. :cool2:

7. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Chris, Congrats on a nice trip and some very nice fish too thanks for sharing the story.

8. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    I love metal and I would love to break out my axes and jam with you guys:smile2: Way to go on your trip. Braving the weather really paid off for you.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Where is this Lake Jacomo you keep talking about Scotty? LOL Are there any fish in it?

10. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats Chris! (You Crazy Bas#%d) Sounds like another Great trip!

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Chris, dont you know you cant catch any thing but dinks here during snagging season, let alone during a cold front..... :wink:

WTG man. Now wait till May when it gets really good......:smile2:

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    WTG Chris. Got your message this morning. Glad you got into them. Now I am with Scotty and kicking myself!!!!. But got the bearings races and new seals put on the boat trailer and also got my lights rewired the way I want them. Cant wait till the weekend. Let me know how you do this week.

Tom