Ozark Jetta Taylor

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by slabmaster, Feb 21, 2006.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    fishing below the lock this friday night 2-24-06 . neeither rain nor sleet nor snow shall keep me,"sorry thats the mail mans" cabin fever combined with catfish fever is makeing me delerious. fishing lord willing , report to follow.

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    catfishing was slow. fished friday night from 8 pm to 4 am sat morning caugght 8 ddinks. no flow from dam . the white bass are thick i was useing whole shad 3inches long caught 4 whites while catfishing.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    going fishing3-24-06 below the daam at ozark. its going to be chilly and there is a high pressure ridge over us right now so im not expecting much.reeport to follow trip. also going fishing on the beaver tail water sunday after church. the walleye are starting to stack up on the river.trout regulations have changed on that river so i need to study for that one . report to follow

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Hey slab..I have some friends that snag from the bank at Ozark..Last week before the rain and cold front they tore the cats up casting on the shelfs in the generators.....I fish over there all the time it's abut 35minutes from the house..we'll get together sometime..I''ll show ya some spots in my boat.:)

6. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    went yesterday below 13 . they were so many snagers fishing it was hard to fish caught 3 small blues. i saw 20 or so spoonbill snagged probably 10 to 20 lbs i have never tried it but it was exciting to watch.

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    fished below lock side friday night 3-24 from the bank . it was cold.started at 8;30 pm at 8;35 caught a 4lb channel on liver, at 8;50 caught a 1 1/2 lb channel on punch bait and that was it till daylight caught 2 whites on my shad poles. fishing was tuff for me. baits used were dk,fresh shad,cured liver"salt and brown sugar and salt and garlic cured. Big Sam i would love to take you up on the offer to go fish, aand i would be greatful for any tips you are willing to share about the river. about 8:00 am i saw a bunch of water turkeys comeing from the west next time i go im putting in my boat above lock and going on the hunt for water turkey roosts.