ozark jeta taylor

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by slabmaster, Mar 19, 2008.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i think i'm gonna give it a try tomorrow night. i caught blues till my arms gave out last may in the flood water. i know it,s to early to even be in prespawn but i just can't stay away fro the arkansas when it floods.

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    fished 3-20 all night. fished 3-21 till 4 am. bite was slow . i got a bite about every 30 minutes . fish were decent size 7 to 10 lb fish. caught a pretty nice mess of fish but worked hard to do it.

3. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    Were you fishing by the generator or the gate side? Did you get fresh shad?
    I normally take my toon boat down there but with the water this rough i was thinking about a little bank fishing.(Got the bug)

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i fished the lock side. i took my boat over and caught shad in gar creek.

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    fished 4-18 and 4-19 . bite was slow. i think the cold front slowed them down. caught 6 blues friday night and 9 blues, 1 channel saturday night. not many fish being caught up and down the bank.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Thanks for the report

7. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Sarge, did anyone catch any skips this year?

8. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Checked out Ozark yesterday evening. The heavy flow has taken it's toll on the dam. The rail that every one snags on is totally gone:eek:oooh: The point by the big power lines is washed out and threatning the park on the dam side. Part of it is roped off & totally gone. The water is really high & fast. Gonna be a good-while for it goes down. No skips yet:wink: but the shad are under the bridge in the flooded creek.

9. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Oh yeah i forgot:eek:oooh::tounge_out: The BUFFALO GNATS ARE OUT & HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::eek:oooh:

10. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Wow sounds like it's a disaster area I've all but quit fishing
    Thanks for the info

11. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i think i am heading to ozark next tuesday im on vacation and am gonna split it between ft. gibson and the river. i have had good luck with avon skin so soft for the buffalo knats. i tried deep woods off first and they ate it like candy.

12. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well i learned the hard way as usual:smile2::wink::tounge_out: When ya get to where there is Buffalo Gnats around ya make sure ya bring some TOXIC bug fogger to spray the bed of your truck with before ya leave..that way you don't have to hear it on an hourly basis from the MRS on " Where did all these biting gnats come from in the yard"? :tounge_out::smile2::wink:

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Those darn black flies and ghats just worry me to death. I bought me a head net.

14. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Those dudes i ran across were carrying fencing-pliers:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2: Right through the head net...Nasty little buggers....boy they pack a punch when they lay into a feller:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

15. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Good to hear the news Sam. About the damage and the GNATS:roll_eyes: Fished Ormond Sunday From 10 till 8:30. Caught six fish 32 lbs. total with the largest fish 14#/30" Blue. Good fight in that flow! Skipjack is power! All fish were males full of fat. 130,000 cfs that day. Headed back soon cause the big one got away at the powerhouse point on a big skipjack head and guts. Like fighting a barrel of mean sand.:big_smile: Want to hit it at the 90-100 level!

16. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Thanks mark for the report!!:big_smile: Were still waiting on those darn skips to get where we can acess a "few":eek:oooh::wink: They should start bunching up at the dams soon as the water slows enough for them to start generating then the water will clear up a little:big_smile: Guess me & Johnny are gonna fish on Monday....i think ol'e # 13 is a "little' rusty from playing golf:tounge_out::eek:oooh: or that's the rumor going round:tounge_out: