oysters for bait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by archer1914, May 5, 2008.

1. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    has any body used them thinking of trying them walmart had some in a jar decent price figure they would stay on the hook well what do u think might try it soo if i can find time to take off work and get to go fishing

2. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    ive used them before work good but not the best

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I don't see why they wouldn't work. If nothing else, soak them in garlic salt/powder for a couple days before using.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have used freshwater mussels, but not clams. caught some fish, but not like the bite on cut/live bait. when i was a kid on the hutton branch, we used the little quarter sized ones and tore em up.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've thought about it myself but haven't tried it yet, maybe this summer...

6. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    thanks guys keep it coming hope to try it soon waters up and im working to much nyway

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca

Hey David,

:0a27: "with the post above"! & A lot of the other post here.

I did the same thing about 2 years ago (just out of curiosity :0a14:) and it work for me.

and just like some other posts stated, it's not the Best bait, "but it do work"!
    It will stay on your hook a lot better + the Garlic Salt/Powder will toughen it up more - and you know that Garlic Scent & Fish go together.
    :wink:

Good Luck in using it Buddy, :0a23:
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree with you I have thought about using oysters before too and havent ever done it yet since some of you all on here says it works im going to get some too and try it out, and that garlic sounds like a good idea i use that on alot of my chicken breast when i fish.