Overpopulated pond?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rcbbracing, Apr 9, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just wondered if anyone knew of any little farm ponds over run with fish out there where i could throw net some bait? Someone i could help out and still end up with bait. Ive got a guy down by me where i trade him his nusence bluegills for some live catfish in return....We are headed down to tappan for a tourney a week from saturday and figured why take my bait from public waters when i could save time while helping someone else out too!.....well thanks for reading and let me know! If you know of anything feel free to give me a call at (419)651-6144 THANKS!

2. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Cast netting bluegill is not legal. If I were to do it I would not talk about it.:wink:. Just letting ya know, they are legal bait but they have to be caught on a hook and line.....

3. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    It is extremely LEGAL to castnet bluegills in a private pond! As long as you have the owners permission to do so!
    I had an old neighbor who wanted me to remove a hundred small bluegill from his pond. After stopping everyday for a week to feed them bread, I caught 83 in one cast!!!

4. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Haha thank you....that is exactly what i was going to say....catching gills is legal by any method you like as long as its private property with the owners permission....lol....i know on public waters its illegal tho....dont worry i wouldnt do that!

5. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Dave iam all ready to go havwe to go to store this week and il have everything on my list lol hope we can get into some biguns ? ill do my best to put ya on them who knows mabey will end up with some $ to talk bought on the way home lol

6. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man i would give my left nut to get into some flatties next weekend....I dont even care if we win or even get close....i just wanna slay a couple biguns....I havent got into a decent sized fish in a good 7 or 8 months which is TOO long for me!

7. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I forgot about the whole private /public part of that. Thanks for setting me straight.

8. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    What part of ohio u at david?

9. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    andrew i live in ashland county...just about smack dab in the middle of cleveland and columbus...Loudonville is the name of the little town i live...The two nearest big towns i live close to are mt vernon and mansfield...hope this helps...I am willing to drive a lil distance to get some bait....i have a guy in galion thats draining a pond thats talking about giving me a bunch so heck why not make a day of driving if i find some unique bait...thanks!

10. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    i had a guy with an overstocked pond but went to get some gills for tappan this weekend and the guy drained the pond and washed the mud from the shallows into the lil water that was left and killed EVERYTHING!:sad2: saw a few 8lb bass and 20 channels washed up on shore along with all my bait!:sad2:

11. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Okay i found a guy on craigslist that has a pond...He said he is in the process of filling it in and netted all the fish to one end...he said there is about 1000 fish just on one end...he said anythign from minis clear up to 14inches....He lives in galion...waiting for a text back and heck since ur bait hole is dry im sure you could come with me...not like there isnt enough to go around if there is really 1000....not sure what kind of fish they are...he didnt know either but let me know...pm your number or something if ya wanna tag alone...Im also going to tappan saturday night and figured if the guy is gonna behome ill go out saturday morning...THANKS and let me know!