overnight fishin [bankbound]and anyboy got an old boat?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TOFTTnet Kami, Jul 29, 2009.

1. TOFTTnet Kami

TOFTTnet Kami New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I asked this before, but is there anywhere that we bankbound fisherman can fish overnight on the missouri/mississippi without getting thrown out/fined/arrested?

anyone got an old boat that is river worthy that they would be willing to rent/take payments on/trade for work/goods? ADMITTEDLY dont have alot of money and just looking to get off the bank.

And if anyone just wants to take me out that will work too! Let me know.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Michael welcome aboard to the BOC. I love fishing from the banks but sometimes it is nice to get in the boat an find some new spots to try out or to get away from all the people that may be around you.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Not sure what is wrong with bank fishing. Willie got his personal best catfish Monday night, from the rivers edge. Nice looking 50 lb'er. Of course, Willie is known around these parts as The Bankfish King. Appears for good reason.
    Here are some pic's.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119247

4. TOFTTnet Kami

TOFTTnet Kami New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Lol. There's nothing wrong with Bankfishin. I just figured I'd specify because you can put a boat in before sundown, and then stay out all night (I believe). On a bank it's alot harder to find somewhere to fish overnight.

Its also easier to change places if the fish aint biting in a boat, not to mention, the bait jumps in the boat!

But as I said the main reason for mentioning that, is because I want to find a place to set up shop and fish, esp. since they bite better at night, but I don't want to get in trouble.

5. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Mike I'm not sure how far you would be willing to drive, but you can fish from the bank at the Foley ramp all night if you wish. Many people do. you can even build a fire off to the side of the parking lot to cook a few winnies if you like. you will not be " fined, arrested or run off" just please pick up your trash when your done. If you want directions just PM me.

6. Billy_Mojo

Billy_Mojo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    And I would like to say I'd like to hijack this thread and make a similar one about Smithville Lake, and areas up around Trimble to do the same overnight thing from the bank. Take down a Coleman Lantern and just pull an all nighter.

Anyone know anything like that? I'm gonna post a new thread over in the "lakes" folder.

7. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Not sure if your close or not ?but there are several areas here around washington to bank fish from,on both sides of the river.you can either fish from the bank or there is many dikes you can get to from land here......hope this helps ya bro.oh,and you can also fish all night without getting harrased,i see guys fishing all night on a regular vbasis around washington they build a nice little fire and fish away!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  8. TOFTTnet Kami

TOFTTnet Kami New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Diesel I'll PM you. Thats really not that Far away.