Overload Springs

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by Blue Duck, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I have a 94 Toyota pickup with 170,000 miles on it. Its never had a problem but now the rear springs are getting weak. Whats the best way to deal with this problem. Overloads, a new leaf or something else?

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    A good spring shop can re arch them or add a new leaf as needed. Check on prices. New may be better.

3. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    as bluejay said a good spring shop is your best bet, they can check yours for cracks and add or replace as needed, our local shop doesnt charge bad at all,installed price is usually less than you can buy the springs for elsewhere

4. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    I had the same problem with my 1/2 ton dodge 1500. It rides just fine but when I hook up to any of my trailers with some toung weight it would squat down a lot, I ended up installing just one heper-lift leaf, "I got ones that are 42" long" in each side. it raised it up a couple inches and stiffened it up just a very little bit. It sure did the trick and dos'nt squat like it used too. very happy with the results
    only took about 2 hoursto install, be sure to get a new center bolt

OH ya the add a leafs were bought off of ebay and delivered for under $30
    PM me and I'll give ya the folks ebay name and info

5. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I agree with these guys. Your probably better off just going to a shop and have them take care of it .

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Since nobody's said this yet,Go to a wrecking yard,Buy a set of springs of the make/model you have,tear them apart and add a leaf or two to each yourself. Lots of ranchers here been doing that for years. :cool2: