Overhead Photos - satellite/by plane

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Jan 9, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Personally I use google earth to check out fishing spots while online.

Just wondering what you all used.

2. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I use dfwmaps they have aerial photos from 2005 of north central texas really good for finding spots and isnt all fuzzy when you zoom in ive found a couple new fishing sites by useing it. pm if youd like the link

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That Google Earth is great! I've seen it, but can't use it on this older Win98 computer, so I'm stuck with terraserver, which isn't bad. I guess I need to upgrade for a new computer one of these days.

4. Environmentor

Environmentor New Member

State:
    Buffalo, Iowa
    I've used virtualearth.msn.com to look for some little bodies of water near my place. I have also used google, they both seem the same in my opinion.

P.S. I like looking at my house.

5. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    i always use terraserver. Google earth is pretty neat, but it doesnt zoom in on my rural area as good as terraserver.

6. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
  7. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Thanks, Tony. That's pretty cool. Seen my house as it was in 1995. I was there but it's sure changed up. Didn't really notice all the change.

8. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    I use www.terraserver-usa.com In some places you can see as early as 2002 and some is in color and you can really zoom in and you can use both address and lat. Long. entry. Anyone who hasnt used it should give it a try its pretty cool. It helped us to find this on legendary lake thats back in the woods that we couldnt find the exact location from the road.

9. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Zac, next time you get the chance, check out google earth. Simply go to http:\\www.google.com and type in google earth. Download it. You can use it OFFLINE