Overbrook Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Dsage, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Has any one been fishing the lake, I have head rumors that several channels have been caught this year in the 28lb range.

2. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Dan a lady my wife works with was telling my wife that her 10 year old son caught a 16 or 17 pounder out of that lake this spring. That lake is not very old to be having fish in it like that. I wonder if the locals are stocking it.

3. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    CJ I was thinking the same thing. I work with the guy that told me and he said that he has seen several pictures come in to the paper that say they were caught from the lake. One channel was just shy of 30lbs. either they are stocking it with fish from other places or they need to get the water check for growth hormones or something.

4. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    My Dad was there when the State shocked up a 22lber last summer.........sounds like they've grown!!

It's amazing what a fish feeder and an aerator can do in a short period of time.........that and a whole lot of that thing is almost unfishable.

5. lbz19

lbz19 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I fish there quite often. I would tell you about the fish I have caught there, but some one would accuse me of parading them around town to have them weighed.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Thats water under the bridge. Let it go.

7. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    After poking around some I found this picture on the Overbrook web page.

Check out the 21 pound Catfish that Brogan Hoss caught using a Zebco 33 at our City Lake on May 4, 2008!
    [​IMG]

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Dan, is there any camping at or near this lake? Sounds like it'd be a good place to visit this summer. Is Overbrook the name of a town it's near, or just the lake? Looked on a Kansas map and couldn't find it.

9. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Overbrook is the name of the Town it is just east of the Osage State Lake. The lake is small only something like 8 acres. I don't think it has camping places. Here is a map on the location of the town.

Attached Files:

10. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I might have to go investigate this lake, and see what lurks in the depths. :wink:

11. lbz19

lbz19 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    There is no camping at Overbrook lake. It is only open from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM. No open flames either. You can put a boat in , there is a boat ramp, but you can only have a trolley motor, and no large boats.

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Patrick, do they have gates that they lock, or do they just make you leave if they see you in there after hours ?

13. lbz19

lbz19 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    There are no gates. Usually the police will tell you to leave if you stay after 11:OO pm. They patrol the lake quite often.

14. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Keith, i'll pick up some camo tape for the poles and bring the blind to sit in and we can fish it all night. whadda ya think ?? up for some covert ops sneak fishin redneck style ?? :smile2:

15. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    if you do like kyle nobady will see you just rub mub from head to toe and lay in the mud next to your poles

16. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    sorry kyle had to post that one since i seen your pictures from the last couple trips youve made:wink:

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    heck yeah !! fishin rambo style !! :smile2:

18. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I do what I gotta do!:smile2: That mud was nasty. Im glad it is gone. With my luck the river will jump back up and I will be in it again. I did notice that my skin is smoother and younger looking.:smile2::smile2:

19. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i think jj will need the special black blend so his white skin dont glow after dark
    and then his wife will love you for making him so soft and cudly:cool2:

20. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i'll take the mud but just not a WIFE !! :smile2::smile2: