Overall Shotgun Report

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CatfishHateMe, Dec 2, 2007.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    Well, after my long vacation from the computer im reporting back so you guys dont think i ran off. Ive yet to get a deer this year. Kindda frustrating knowing theres at least 3 huge bucks (150+ class) and not seeing them at all with a gun and the only time you do you have a bow in your hand. Early archery i saw the monster, and noones seen him since and noones shot him. today was the last day so im done with shotgun. Im gunna sight in my new scope on my muzzleloader this week and me and my dads buddy are gunna move some muzzleloader/later archery stands into places were they produce more later in the year. This is the first year in awhile i havnt got a deer in shotgun, so come saturday/sunday im stayin all day weater permiting. THen if im not tagged out by x-mas break, its all day long for over a week. Im sick of not having a single deer. At this point id settle for a basket racked 8 but i kno as soon as i shoot the big boy would pop up and run off right by him so i dunno what ill do when the chance comes up. Its been a rough year, a spike and an ok 9 were taken from this property and thats it. every year before this weve had 5 or 6 gone by the second weekend. seen countless yearlings this year tho and a few button bucks and spikes so it was obviously a good breeding season last year. only means more muture does which means more bucks. wish me luck in muzzleloader if i dont get a chance to log in before then. luck to all and be safe in the woods.

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck Jay. I hope you get a nice one before it's all over.

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    your luck is destine to change brother, many a trophy taken in loader season!

4. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Best of luck Jay! Havent heard back from you, so you may have already got a GOODUN!:wink:

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Good luck Jay. Don't give up yet.
    :big_smile:

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Have fun. Best of luck on a big un:big_smile: