Over the Hill Gang Part 4

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Top Sgt., you are going to make us lose some of our members by making us start this new thread for the Old Farts. Last time you cut us short, it took months for some of the gang to find the new thread.

I read the Commandos edict about starting a new thread and you are right on, I guess, but if you will look at the Ramblings thread they go to 1,000 post or more and they don't "stay on subject", never have and most likely never will.

Top Sgt. is it possible for you to put out a detour sign for our members? That would be nice because the way it is right now, they only see the Closed sign and some of them might just wait for someone to flip the sign over to Open before they enter.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Found ya Mac. Quit hidin!!

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Hey mac i found you also . How in the world do they expect a bunch of over the hill gang members to remember what the topic is anyways :wink::smile2:?

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm not that old but I can "FART" LOL! :wink:

5. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    That makes you a half member.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The Phone rang when I close gang 3, I forgot to make 4 but you guys got it under way.

7. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    OF's, I need for y'all to keep a secret, OK. If you will recall, last year we dropped the age requirement for membership in this elite group to 55 from 60, you do remember don't you. Well, Big George is 56 and evidently did not see the post about the new age requirement and he comes over here occasionally and makes one of his one sentence comments, which are always welcomed. But, he thinks he is doing it on the sly, you know, like being under aged for the group. So, my request to you is to let him continue to do what he does and he will be happy and we will benefit from his wisdom (?). Remember, loose lips sink ships or was that something we had to watch out for during the big one.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    And loose straps mean flabby..... OH never mind.:wink: Hows that for a one line post? LOL! "LSMFT"

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Would LSMFT mean Loose SHeep Mean Fun Times ?:smile2:In Joisy of course:smile2::big_smile:

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mac, since BG is only half a member I think he should put an avatar up with only the half that he represents. Wait, maybe as I study his current avatar that is the half he was talking about. LOL.

Mornin' BG. Keep it between the rails.

11. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana

:smile2::smile2::smile2::tounge_out::smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Well it is official. I am now a full fledged OF. Got my first SS check yesterday.:big_smile::big_smile:

13. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    HOW SWEET IT IS!

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well J.C., that is great! :big_smile:

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Check out Dayton's avatar. He got layed also. LOL!

16. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    BG I assume your pitiful attempt at humor was meant in reference to Daytons LEI.The question of the day is how would you add ed to it.:smile2::big_smile:Also I think a little jealousy is creeping in here because PB and Dayton had female human encounters as opposed to your specialty.:smile2::big_smile::roll_eyes::eek:oooh::crazy:

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yep, wife had one just like it. LOL

You old goat, you never miss a thing. LOL

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hadn't talked on a phone over a few times before I went in the Air Force in 1952.

Neither of our folks had a phone at home until several years after Betty and I married. Ours first phone was in 1957. We kept the same number, "Emerson 6 1227" for over 40 years, till we moved out of state.

Got our first mobile phone in the 80's, wasn't a cell phone. It put out a full 10 watts, it would really reach out and talk. But air time... it was a buck a minute! So it didn't long to do the talking. The cable to the battery was as large as the cable to my trolling motor. Our first cell phone was this bag phone in the early 90's. Output was one watt. I installed a mobile antenna on our vehicle and it worked pretty good.

Buck a minute airtime... the great thing....darn sure didn't have all the squirrels with a phone stuck in their ear and trying to drive! :roll_eyes:

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Dam Dayton. That was pretty cool. I think that the cell phone has lead to the deterioration of our society. Its made them stupid and lazy. How you say. Remember when your car broke down or you had some sort of another problem? What did ya do? Ya got creative and resourcefull and solved the problem. Now all the lazy little S%^ts do is call and say "Daddy come get me" And what do the parents do? They go get em and wind up payin for what is wrong. LOL!

20. MsMixalot

MsMixalot New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Seems like you guys go down memory lane quite a lot here. Since my dad has been very sick lately, I've been going down memory lane myself. Just thought I'd share a few photos I've been admiring.

Attached Files: