Over Analyzing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kennylee, Sep 11, 2008.

1. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    I was thinking about my fishing trip last sat. 9-6-08, I got on the water about 4 pm caught bait and was fishing by 5.

I had 3 holes in mind to fish, all outside river bends where the depth drops from about 12 to 13 foot of water to 17 to 18 foot, so I fished the 1st one for about 45 minutes, caught a few fish then moved on to the second.

The second hole I caught some nice channels and a few small blues, same thing fished about 30 to 45 minutes and moved on to the third hole, were I caught a couple small blues.

I decided to go back to the second hole and finish up there since I was getting pretty go action there, I pulled in and dropped anchor, but when the anchor rope tightened I was about 10 to 15 yards above were I was anchored earlier, so what, I put my lines out and the only bites are fiddlers and I finally caught one of them and it was a 3 to 4 pound drum.

I pulled up my anchor and drifted down about 10 yards and dropped anchor and now i'm in the same spot I was ealier, cast out and start catching cats.

Now thinking about it i'v fished the same types of holes in the past and the only bites were drum and I just picked up and moved on, but know i'm thinking if I would have just moved into the hole a little fearther I might have been on the cats.

Has anybody else out there found that the drum are in the front of the hole and the cats just behind them or am I over analizing it.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    You ain't over doin it. You are swingin the bat and gettin info that may be usefull to ya at a further date. Tryin stuff like what you did could provide you with an edge when cattin. I like your style!:wink:

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Tomorrow the Cats may be in front and the drum in the back. I've had days when a hole produced big fish and went back the next day and could not get a bite. If you figure something out let me know because I learn (or re-learn) something every trip.

Or......... I stumble onto dumbluck every once in a while.:smile2:

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Was fishing one night in a spot from the bank and catching plenty of drum and some small channels but way later into the night I hooked up with my PB. I guess you just never know for sure where there at.

5. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I catch Drum in the same exact spots that I've caught Flathead.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Some days I think the more I learn the less I know :smile2:.