Outside boat paint

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by catfishcrazyjr, Jul 1, 2006.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    ok i painted the inside of the boat with tuff coat from basspro, that stuff is great! now i want to paint the out side what kind of paint do i need to use it is a 16' seni v alum.

2. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    pettit makes a good durable marine enamel. put zink chromate on any bare aluminum u have. it comes in spray cans. both paints can be got at a marine store. since u did a good job on th inside myswell use good stuff on th outside:smile2:

3. coadyadam

coadyadam New Member

State:
    Illinois
    autozone has some good camo boat paint

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You can find some answers here and links to other loctions. Renenber, you will only get out of the project what your willing to put into the project.

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Rustoleum makes boat paint, one for above the waterline, and one for below ($12 & $35 per quart). I recently did the top-half of mine with it. Got it at the local Menards.

Smitty

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    he he he..forgot to put the link in the message. It originated in new zeland, but a boat is a boat so procedures materials will be the same. Other links you can follow for more information.

http://www.finishing.com/147/14.shtml

7. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    since your going to paint the outside might aswell seal it do right theirs some stuff out their that seals the whole boat but its brown or mucky color
    I say do it seal it before you get it all done then have to do it again