Outragous Price Gouging

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Wabash River Bear, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its getting pitiful out there in the gun market, notably the resale market. People asking up to double what the guns and ammo are worth, higher than one can by at a gun store. It's all because of the Obama scare. IMO this is no better than the fuel companies charging what they are when the Dow is in the crapper and crude prices are low, or people selling $400 generators for $1000.00 to folks suffering through a widespread power outage during an ice storm, or clean drinking water selling for $20.00 a gallon during a massive flood. Gouging is gouging. Buying $850.00 assult rifles and resaling them on the public market for $1500.00 fits right in there with the rest of the money grubbers. Just because there isnt a law against it dont make it right. To me this threat against our 2nd Ammendment is just as big a crisis as any. To see people taking advantage of anothers fears makes me wanna puke! I hope the scare is just BS and the market drops, then they get stuck with it all and it aint worth what even they paid. They can keep their overpriced guns, I'll pay retail. Wake up America! :confused2:

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I agree, but people are running around in a crazy gun buying mood. Scares me to think how many guns will be lifted and sold on the market. AS when theres $$ in them. Some people will get them any way they can.
    Bullets last weekend was so high here in Tn I just walked off.
    Pete

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You are right buddy. Along with stolen guns dumped on the market, who do you think is buying most of these overpriced resale guns? People who cant buy guns legally at a store, and imagine why they cant buy legally, coz they are probably criminals or have records of violence that wont permit them to own guns period. Personal resalers dont do background checks, all they need is a bill of sale, here in Indiana it is the buyers responsibility to transfer guns bought from an individual, not the seller. Makes alot of sense dont it.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Barry I agree with you. Its crazy and its wrong.:sad2::sad2:

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I agree with you guys but I had rather get mine in a store that way I don,t worry about it being stolen

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I think you guys are right on the money:wink:.The sad thing is some people will fall for it and pay the price no matter how high.I guess its true that theres a sucker born everyday.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I hear you guys,The sad part is with spot metal prices down every day,BULLETS and AMMO just keep on a going up,It aint just the other guy that is rapeing the public on this stuff.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I bought a few guns from retailers the last few months but paid retail prices, actually less. I aint that desperate.

9. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Everyone is exactly right however it is always supply vs demand. Heck remember those stupid ty beenie babies people were paying 100.00 + bucks for to get that crap. HAHA.

Look at how the speculators drove up fuel. It is human nature for people to want what they are not supossed to have. Full autos, armor piercing, barrels shorter than 16'' and sawed off shotguns, cold beer under 21.

Tell people the daisy red ryder is on the ban list and see what happens to them and bb's. If someone said they are going to quit making my circle hooks I'm going to create a local shortage all by myself hehe.

Just dont get caught in the trap. If you go to gunbroker.com and look at all the 13-1500 bushmasters and see how many bids they are catching, its zero in most cases. Those guys are setting the standard on prices. I thought the colts would come down after the 1994 ban was lifted but the stage was set and they did not move cause they sold.

When fuel dropped from 4.98 to 2.89 people were starting to think they were getting a deal. Now its 1.89. Chrysler caught people in the trap with that 2.99 gas guarantee also.

The whole deal pisses me off too but the hand writing was on the wall long ago for what is happening today and in the future.

The funny thing about it, if I remember correctly back about 1986 a Colt AR15 was about 500.00. If that is true at todays prices that is about a 5% price increase per year to date with a 14-1500 price tag.

When you say it like that it taste a little better but it still blows....

Just my .02.