Outlaw barbie doll rods

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by mack in n.c., Aug 22, 2008.

1. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    i am going to bring up at the next meeting of the ncwrc that they outlaw barbiedoll rods and reels.....they are putting too much of a strain on our ponds, and black crickets!:smile2:..save the black crickets........mack

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nyuk, nyuk! I still don't believe 'Barbie' could pull off that feat.
    BB in SC

3. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I heard they were selling Barbie Jugs now too!! ...LOL ...:wink:

4. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    Walmart just sold out of barbie rods down here ....Not that I was lookin to buy the new N.C. state record equipment...LOL....But seriously .....it would'nt hurt to have one for luck..:wink:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...I heard they were selling Barbie Jugs now too!!..."

No need to buy them. The juggers will leave them on the lake and you can pick them up off the banks in a few weeks. :smile2:

A jugger could never catch a fish on that combo. Juggers can't catch a fish on any line lighter than 50 pounds!!! :smile2:

All you boys with your 80 pound Power Pro line and 100 pound leaders....LOL!!! That ol' boy brought in that 21 pounder on 6 pound line on a Barbie rod!!! :wink:

6. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    No body said we were after Channel Cats either!

7. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Wylie Cat... Dude for real I'm kinda gettin sick of you trash'n juggers and bustin jokes... You dont even know me and your puttin me down and all other juggers... Why dont you shut up already.... You put your pants on just like everyone else....I trot line, jug fish, limb line and rod n reel fish.... Big deal get over it... And I could probably out fish your loud mouth with any equipment...

8. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you are right about the line
    heck my jugs have 250 lb black twisted tarred nylon for the main line and 100 pound cajun red for the hook and i use a 2/0 eagleclaw circle hook but i mash the barb down or even file it off because i turn my fish lose without tearing them up like the rr guys, plus i don't lose fish that have hooks in them like the rr guys.
    nope you have never been jug fishing:crazy:

9. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    wylie you are right about the line
    heck my jugs have 250 lb black twisted tarred nylon for the main line and 100 pound cajun red for the hook and i use a 2/0 eagleclaw circle hook but i mash the barb down or even file it off because i turn my fish lose without tearing them up like the rr guys, plus i don't lose fish that have hooks in them like the rr guys.
    nope you have never been jug fishing:crazy:[/quote]

10. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    wylie, i can even fish my jugs in 35 feet of water with the hook 3 feet off the bottom to catch them big ones you are after, i think next big one i catch i am going to put a tag on it and say just for you wylie:smile2::wink:

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I sure would like to see a pic of some of these BIG fish that you catch on every trip. Heck you cant even chock up a pic for an avatar.

12. yellowcat

yellowcat New Member

State:
    Hot springs, NC
    I guess they had to change up the story a little, the Zebco 33 and 10# test just wasn't sensational enough to do the trick.

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Well if the crickets are "native"...I can see you saying that. Now you made a little funny there but you fail to see the fish was caught where jugging doesnt take place if thats what you where suggesting. So make sure your present the proper facts at the next NCWRC meeting you attend. By the way where is our pond? I didnt have one until you said "our ponds". If the jugging continues on "OUR LAKES" you just might see a new state record blue come out of "OUR POND" too. Now wouldnt that be something. Owell that might not makes sense to you.

14. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "....I could probably out fish your loud mouth with any equipment...."

Well, the Carolina Catfish Club will be having some tournaments this fall and jugs are allowed, so we welcome you and your expertise. :wink:

"....i can even fish my jugs in 35 feet of water with the hook 3 feet off the bottom to catch them big ones you are after...."

That is great!! :smile2:

November 1st is the tournament on Lake Wylie, and November 22nd is the tournament on Mt. Island Lake, and we would love to see you juggers come out and show us how it is done!!

Cobra, if you are feeling greedy you can take our money on Badin Lake December 13th and on Lake Hickory October 4th.

15. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "....Dude for real I'm kinda gettin sick of you trash'n juggers and bustin jokes... You dont even know me and your puttin me down and all other juggers..."

Farm Boy, there is an old saying, "we hate in other what we hate in ourselves." :crazy:

I am sorry you can not take a joke. :wink:

The only reason you should feel "put down" is if you fit the mold of what I am joking about...then it is not a joke for you, but the truth. :wink:

16. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    no thanks, will stay with my own type people as you said

17. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    If you're gonna talk the talk, walk the walk or just quit talking. I'm personally sick and tired or you two bickering like my little nieces(and I'm pretty sure almost everyone else is too). If you think you can catch the big fish, then show them, if not then quit talking about all the big fish you can catch an leave it alone.

18. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    "but you fail to see the fish was caught where jugging doesnt take place if thats what you where suggesting."

wasnt suggesting anything....i never mentioned jugging

jugging may or maynot happen in this pond.....its legal to jug in any private farm pond.....

as to you suggestion that if jugging continues that a state record blue may have to come out of a pond as what i can tell is you mean there will not be any in our public lakes.........hogwash

every record set in nc for flats and blues since they were intoduced has had to deal with jugging......ive said it before and i will say it again....ok, .dont go crazy badin lake guys..........kerr lake problay has 1- 10 records in it right now.........norman?........badin ....1-5??......the neuse ...at least several....cape fear....at least several..........i belive they are there.............hopefully one of "us" will catch her.............i predict a new record will come about in the next year or 2.....you can copy that and remember it will happen with jugging going on........ relax and fish.......mack

19. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    10/4 Mac if need some help at the ncwrc meeting uutlawing them barbie doll rods....let us know. I wasnt suggesting we dont no big fish left. I just know a jugger that has caught the state record in the last month and he owns a big pond. So I can see a new state record blue cat coming from a private pond one day....maybe. Plenty of pay lakes around that would love to buy such a fish.

20. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    you are right on those payponds......everyone knows i am for none or few restrictions on cats....why ,...no proof we are hurting them....like i have said we maybe helping the fishery by taking some of the monsters out(espically flatheads) and some of the many smaller cats out , but back to payponds.........i think they(payponds) should not be allowed to buy fish caught in "our" nc public waters....... the payponds should have to buy their cats from a hatchery and grow them..........i cant sell deermeat, or any other fish or game i harvest and they(whoever they are) should not be allowed to sell to payponds........payponds seem to be more numerous west of greensboro....why???......and it seems like the ncwrc shuld go after the payponds if it is indeed illegal to sell harvested fish ........would be easy......all the warden would have to do is set up a sting operation......but, that would be too hard on them......they would rather just cruise around looking for boaters not having the proper equipment.......not that thats not important but they dont enforce the laws out there now.....mack