Outfished by my 3 year old daughter!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by RIVER-RAT, Nov 5, 2007.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I just had to get out on the river this weekend, after all the hot bite reports. So Friday my 3 year old daughter and I hooked up the boat and headed to the river (Melvin Price) to try a few hours of luck!

I caught all the bait I'd need for a week and headed to the first hole. Anchored in and began loadin up the poles. I asked Skylar which pole she wanted to use and she pointed to my Berkley Glow Stick. (She was with me when I purchased it and she has always referred to it as her pole!)

After fishing the first hole for 25 minutes without a bite I moved to the next one. Once again nothing, tried several more than went to try the shallow slower water in an attempt to get some action. Within 10 minutes of throwing out the lines, her pole double over with a fish on! I grabbed the pole and handed it to her and she reeled it in!!! She was so excited!! "Dad! Dad! It's a catfish! It's a Catfish!!" Sure enough it was! She then got out the scale and told me she wanted to weigh it! It was a whopper!! 3 pounds!! I then rebaited her pole and threw it out again. 5 minutes later, she had another one on! Once again I handed her the pole and she reeled it in! I was so proud of her! Same thing, she started jumping up and down when that fish was in the boat! She again handed me the scale and wanted to know haw much it weighed, just under 3 pounds!

She ended up catching 2 more small blues out of that hole on her pole!! I could have cared less about catching one, watching her was absolutely priceless!

After reeling in those four fish, she told me she was tired and hungry and so we decided to head home.

Once we got back to the boat ramp, I noticed that the hub/bearings on the trailer were SHOT!!! What a sh**Y way to end a wonderful day! I then tied up the boat, took the key and most of the valuables out, unhooked the trailer and headed to BassPro to get a new hub kit. Long story short, I was finally able to fix the damn trailer and got the boat out of the river!

Here are a few pics of a future BOC member!

Attached Files:

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Great job Bill, I cant wait to be able to take my youngen out there. It sounds like she had a blast out there. Sorry to hear about the hubbs, pretty smart thinking though. Glad to hear you got them fixed and everything was still there when you got back.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Man, that is a beautifull day on the water. She's going to be a force to be reckoned with in a few years. :smile2: Thanks for sharing the story Rat. Times like that with the kids are absolutely priceless. I bet you had a ball watching her winch in those fish. Awesome.....:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

4. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    These Missouri kids are going to be tough to beat.. Cuz.. you might want to consider a Jr. get together sometime next year.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dunno why we cant just have the Jr's come for a CuzFest. Maybe we can do it late spring when the weather warms.

6. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    A picture is worth whatever is in the picture. I see a really happy kid, and am reading a "really happy" dad.

I'm happy for you and her. I have a bunch of them with my kids. Priceless!!

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Congrats Rat,, Your going to have alot of good memories with her on board.. Looks like you have a new fishing partner...

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    WTG Bill !!! She looks like happy little girl. Thats what it's all about getting the youngins involved. I have no kids but i'm sort of an adopted grandpa to a 5 year old girl and a 3 year old boy. I've got to take them out quite a few times on the toon doing a little pole fishing and some jugging. The look on their face is priceless.

9. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    way to go rat sounds like a great day thats what people need to do is take kids fishing to keep the sport going

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    A smile like the one on that little girls face needs no expalination or no words at all. that is a great picture of a very happy young lady. Way to go Bill

11. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    The smile on her face and the story she can tell.

Axle hub kit $29.88
    gas for the boat $30.00
    McDonalds $10.00

Outfished by three year old priceless

12. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hey bill it happens all the time. my kids show me up alot. looks like she learned alot from her ol' man. way to go :big_smile:

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to you and especially her. Youv'e got a lifetime fishin partner there.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Great pictures.One happy 3 yr old and future fisher lady. Looks like yo may have to to BPS and buy yourself another pole.You know you won't get that one back now for sure.:big_smile:

15. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Looks like you have a new fishing partner...congrats, nobody else better to be outfished by than ur small one

16. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Way to take the kid fishing! I don't think you minded her catching more than you did at all.

17. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    It happens that way with me every time I take the kids fishing. I spend most of my time baiting their lines and helping them. Good time and always enjoy seeing the smile on their face when they catch anything.