Outer Banks Trip (Results)

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by Sentry Dog Man, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Hi Guys,

Got back from my Outer Banks trip last night. Cut the stay by one day since the wind was so rough yesterday and would have been miserable fishing.

Could not have asked for any better weather from Sunday thru Thursday. But, I cannot say much for the fishing. My great nephew caught one Pompano and I caught four bluefish, none of the blues were over 12 inches. My nephew caught his pompano on shrimp and I caught all my blues on cut mullet.

I did have 4 fairly good sized fish on (that got away of course :cursing: ) but have no idea what they were.

Anyway, I have attached one pic of me and the typical size of bluefish I was catching.

Attached Files:

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Where on the banks did you go?
    I cant wait to get beack out there myself fish biting or not.

3. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

not trying to change the subject,but did you ever get the chance to check
    out the SEA ARK boats,for a catfish model?
    KIRK :D

4. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    We stayed in Waves and were about a half mile south of the Rodanthe pier.

We rented a house for the week. It was on the second row back from the beach. It had a great view of the ocean, as compared to the houses which were in front of us, which looked directly into the dunes.

We got a real good deal on the house, $440 for the week. It had three levels, great room, kitchen and half bath on the third level, three bed rooms and two full baths on the second level, one bedroom and half bath on the first level.

I have attached an outside pic of the house.

Attached Files:

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Them rates really tumble after Labor Day.
    beats sleeping in the truck on the beach for 4 nights.

6. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Now you know you can't do that Mark.. ;)

Sorry to hear the fishing was slow. I'm heading down to Buxton in a couple of weeks myself. Hopefully the big reds will be there by then. I've got a brand new custom heaver just waiting to get broken in :D

Very best,
    /Scott

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Gottafish, be kind and don't take out any truck radiators with that heaver.
    I've had alot of fun out there catching or not catching. Had some miserable times too . I can't lie. :D
    I just love the banks from the Bonner bridge to Cape Lookout.
    The longest I've spent in desolation on one of those islands with a pickup truck to live in was 6 nights.
    Got a friend that has a midsized school bus on Davis Island with big sand tires. It seems to work well for him.

8. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    A school bus!! That's gotta be a sight to see. And I thought the converted class c motorhomes that are running around were something.

The front seat of the truck definitely gets old!! I'll have the family with me on this next trip so we'll be staying at the Buxton Beach Motel.

/Scott

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    One of the large corprate pork producers in the state bought I guess what was a brand new 2-1/2 ton all wheel drive truck and had a steel flatbed put on it a few years ago.
    Chained onto the flatbed was the nicest and largest pickup slide in campers I have seen.
    Multiple fold out bait stations, generator, fresh water barrels and cooler racks adorned the sides of the truck bed.
    That was a rig for sure to see coming down the beach.
    That thing was right for Davis and Plymouth islands.

On a smaller scale my cousin here on the farm that I consider one of the top surf fishermen has a Chevy 1 ton that he flatbedded and chains a slide in camper on to. you know when that thing leaves Four Oaks there will be a fish fry before long. He usually goes for 3-5 days at the time.

Yall have fun down there at Buxton, there is some prime fishing in those parts and it's fixin to crank up. Let us know if there is bait in the surf.