OUtdoorsman proof cell phone??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KansasKatter, Jan 15, 2009.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Does anyone make a cell phone that is almost bulletproof? I am sick and tired of replacing cell phones because they get a little "damp" from the rain, or sweat, or get dropped, or whatever.

Does anyone make a cell phone that is pretty durable, and has anyone tested one yet? I currently have T-Mobile, but contract is coming up for renewal, and have no problems with switching carriers at that time, if it means not replacing phones 2 or 3 times per year.

Thanks!

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I don't have one but AT&T has one. A lot of contractors I know are using them.

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am with ya my carrier insurance dont want to carry me anymore.. Ive dinged bout ten phones er better in three yrs...No kiddin!Need another to this one I have cant read the lcd cause I sat on it.... I know how to kill em good Ive washed em dropped em in puddles..the tiolet then there is them duck cause the ole lady is ticked.....dogs ate couple(LOL) ...lost them.....shoot I need one that is bullettproof-Kenny proof & Lilly proof to (LOL) needs to come with a trackin device to with a back up batterey(LOL) ya find one thats 1/2 that pm me cause I need one too:smile2:

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Verizion has a throw away model. It's 29 dollars at WalMart and you get 10 dollars worth of minutes.

10 cents a minute, 1 dollar a day hook up fee if you use it. No contract and if you kill that little flip camera phone, you are only out 29 dollars. Hey I got that one and love it. No monthly bill to worry about.

It is small though, I figure I will forget it in my bibs and kill it in the washer.

6. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I have a Blackberry and have done everything your not supposed to do with a cell phone to it.Even dropped it while in its holster in flood waters.

Anyway here is the outdoorsmans solution to busted phones www.otterbox.com

They only make cases for PDA's smartphones and stuff but faced with the alternative of a ruined phone and the hassle of returning them for new ones maybe 1 good phone+ the otterbox would be a better choice.

I would recommend anyone looking for a new phone to try out the Blackberry Pearl.Put that thing in an otterbox and you should be covered.

Dang I should be a salesman :eek:oooh:

Also for Kenny the Blackberry 8310 has a gps builtin and there is software to track your phone :eek:oooh:

7. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I had a teacher who had a phone that you could drop from a high altitude and it wouldn't even hurt the thing. I can't remember what it was called.

8. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
  9. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have verizon boulder it is waterproof and all it meets military specs. i like it so far .

10. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Verizon, Casio G'zOne. Dust, water, shock resistant, built to military specs. I have had the "07" model for 2 years now, absolutely no problems, and I am rough on phones. The "09" model is the Casio G'zOne Boulder, its a lil bit smaller than my "07" model but not much, and it is "push to talk" capable. I highly recommend these phones, they are tough.