Outdoor Writing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by blindfly69, Jul 29, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Recently i have decided to try and combine the three things that im kinda good at (hunting, fishing, and writing). lol you all probably dont think i got a chance but i've been sending e-mails and writing articles all day long lol. I just think it would be the ultimate job to write about something you love to do. lol. Has anyone else ever thought of trying to make it as an outdoor writer? If so how far did you get? Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Way back when I was in junior high school, a couple buddies and myself put together a fishing magazine called Moose Monthly ( my nickname at the time was "Moose"). I thought being a outdoor writer would be great but as time went by that dream faded. I did write an article that got published in a magazine called Bowhunting News a few years back so I quess I can claim to be a published auther. It was cool to see my story in a national magazine! If you really have the dream of being a writer I wish you luck! You may be one of the lucky ones who can make a career out of it!

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol other than maybe bein a guide, i think thats all i CAN do lol

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

In whatever dream you decide to follow, I wish you all the luck in the world.

5. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Follow what you enjoy doing. At the end of life very few ever say "I wish I hadn't done that" BUT many will say "I wish I had!"

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That is what I'm GOING to do when I grow up, I have my mind set on it, and it will happen. I'm going to take Journalism in college. You should stick with it, I know I will!