Outdoor World - Tulsa, OK.......or is it just me!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by polecatter, Aug 13, 2006.

1. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Last Wednesday I was visiting in Tulsa and made a trip to Outdoor World (Bass Pro) shop to purchase hooks and line. To make a long story short, in the tackle department the lighting is atrocious. We couldn't even discern what specific hooks were hanging on the racks due to extremely poor lighting. Couldn't even read the labels. This was very irritating to say the least........purchased a couple of spools of line and left. Needless to say, that was my first and last trip at least until the lighting is corrected. Have never had a problem with their store in OKC. My guess is they will lose a lot of potential customer's due to the lighting problem. It wasn't just me, the person with me felt the same way. One of the employees in the store even stated it was very difficult to replenish stock because of the lighting situation.

Anyone else notice this?

Larry

2. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry folks this should have been in the Oklahoma section. I wasn't paying attention.

Larry

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Larry,
    Moved it for you.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Larry, take off those sunglasses, LOL!!!
    I am another one that can't stand shopping in places with poor lighting. I have a problem reading in good light, much less in low light sittuations!!!

5. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    I have been there 3 times to buy something and each time they did not carry that item or they didn't have it at that store. The items were a bimini top which they offered to order,but so can I.The next item was a cat rod,which I finally bought at Wally World,the next two items were Magibraid line which they offered to order and Excaliber fishing line which they don't even carry.
    I won't waste my time driving to Bass Pro Shop again.

6. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    larry sorry you have a bad time finding what you need i have also been to the one in okc almost as good as the one in spring field which is huge, in fact i think its the largest store, but the one in okc has everything that you could need so i wont waste my time even making the drive to the tulsa one thanks for letting us know

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    One of my co-workers has a part time job out there.

He suggested calling out there and speaking with Bill Rice. Let him know your frustrations with his store.

8. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The OKC Bass Pro has had a major shake up in management. This termination was LONG overdue. Maybe things will change there too.

catman George

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have not had a problem at the OKC Bass Pro. Been there 3 times since they opened...thought they were awfully proud of their merchandise and had the price reflecting that pride. Nope, I like Academy. Let the bass fishermen go to Bass Pro. LOL.

10. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    theres just a couple of hooks that i buy from there. ive yet to find circle hooks elsewhere in the sizes they carry. other than that its just a little to fancy for my blood. i think the name says it all though. i do admit i liked the fish tank though.

11. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Hey polcatter, I live in Owasso, the other side of Tulsa, I thought I was just getting old, and my eyes were bad. I have been over there several times, it being so close, but most of the things I have looked at they were really proud of. It is kind of like my daughter in law recommeded a restrauant to us, said it was a little pricy, I had to call her and ask do you know the difference in pricy, and darn expensive. I was out there today, saw some lures that were over $10.00, That and the lighting out there are one of the reasons that I have gone to using Academy, it is really lit up.