Outdoor Glow Rod Tip Clip-On Lights

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by xposedguts, Oct 7, 2007.

1. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I found these glow sticks at walmart. They are OutdoorGlow 2" rod tip clip on lights. The package said ideal for catfish rods and they worked great on my uglystik catpole. They have a built in feature so they just snap right on the tip of the pole, last all night, easy to see(not like them tiny kinds), and they really help, specially when multiple poles are set out at night you can really see activity because it catches your eye. Im goin back to walmart to stock up on these badboys!

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    want a cheaper lite? go to 99 cent store. get those little party lites the kids like about 8 inches long or so. little tubing taped tip of pole, and down at first eye and they stick in great. now you have whole top of pole lit up and lots cheaper than those glow sticks.
    gary

3. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    yea ive dont that in the past, these are really handy though just snap em on

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    For glow sticks, check out our sponsors. Wold Wolf products. Gene will fix you up with the best.

5. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yea im planning on ordering some katbobbers and light sticks from him soon:big_smile:

6. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I use genes and they work great for me, very brite and you cant beat the price!:wink:

7. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Gene's are the best, Ive cracked them at 9:00 at night and they're still glowing at 8:00 the next evening. And even Wally world doesn't beat his price.

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    If you have the one i think you do the plastic will break after maybe two or three uses. They do work well but they always break did it in come in a little black packaging.

9. xposedguts

xposedguts New Member

State:
    Illinois
    nope not those, ive used those for bobbers and stuff there so small. The ones im talking about are the perfect size imo, id just rather not have an 8" glow stick on my pole. Ill be ordering some with bobbers soon though for use on those.