Outdoor Expo 2006

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Bill D Curtis, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    I was just curious to see how many attended this year and what they thought. My family and I went for the 2nd year and we thought the crowd numbers were way down had a good time though.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Bill, me and my friend, fuzzface, went Sat. Morning. Pretty good exposition. I loved those primitive sites where it showed flint napping, bow and arrow making and throwing the spears. Makes me wonder how mankind ever survived. These are a lot better exhibits than the ones they put on in the fair grounds at OKC. Lot better.

3. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    AWSHUCKS- Glad that you dropped by the Okla Wildlife Federation booth on Saturday morning. The success of the flint knapping, spear throwing etc.booth was because of all the hard work that John Stahl of Jet Okla put into getting ready. He put in almost a month of evenings and weekends building the booth and its contents. I will pass on your comments to him. He is also a dedicated catfisherman. He catches alot of fish from Salt Plains lake even thru the winter. A great fellow to know.

catman george