Outdoor Channel

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gotta go, Nov 6, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Marvin called this morning and told me they had Blacks Camp on the Outdoor Station. Seems they were showing my young friend Josh Coggins landing a few nice fish. I wasn't able to get the station so Marvin was glad to let me know step by step what was taken place. They got 15 guide boats working from out of Blacks these days, it was good to see Josh was in the right place at the right time.:big_smile:

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    and not one of them on the boc hay wate a min roundhill works down thataway gos right by blacks all the time has been known to catch a few fish every now an then an dose suport the boc:wink::wink:

3. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Yea i know, looks like you ought to be the one on TV.:wink: Josh is young and has his camper down there and probably spends a lot of money at Blacks, etc............you know what i mean:big_smile: He did manage to compete in the King Kat a few yrs back and finished somewhere in the teens. He was fishn with another guide at Santee (or maybe a baitman, i forget) They had finished 1st in the qualifier at Santee and when they went to the clasic they finished in the money. He said it was enough to pay for his trip.

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    i used to spend a lot of money at blacks stayed there 1 1/2 yr untill i found out i was getting fleced moved as for king kat classic three yrs in row 11th 3rd 3rd how ever this yr not so lucky but have been a boc suporter since 2003 an do catch fish now an then but after a hard day cating i have to have a little sour mash makes it all worth the effort. the roundhill

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    15 guides out of the same place is a heap. The guy that owns the place is a fishn guide also. Richard (former owner of Canal Lakes) would land me a trip every once in awhile but would always look after Craig. When you got a owner showing favor to 1 person it makes it hard on the rest. He wasn't hurting me because at that time i had a job and only was a guide part time. I wanted to learn the ropes before i dove in head first. Finally layoffs started happening and the next thing you know i'm glad i could lean back to fishn. Seems most of the resorts around there is going to lean to the guides that live there. The out of town guides would just get the scraps from the table. It was fun and i wouldn't trade the experence for anything. It let me see that even a job of doing something you love is not what it seems. My hats off to anyone who fishes, sells bait, hunts for a living. They all are special in some way:big_smile:
    Roundhill, even though i have never fished with you, you have a good name. Seems the folks that fish with you come home satisfied. And congrats on the great placing in the King Kat trail. We all have an off day, i have had my share. Maybe next yr i can make it to the Cabela's Tournament, we don't know what next yr may bring, but if the Lord's a willing, i'm going to fish that bad boy