Outboard stand

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by BKS72, Sep 30, 2009.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    A buddy brought his 25 Yamaha over to be brought back to life after spending 15 years in the basement. I was looking for a stand for it and after rummaging through my scrap pile, here's what I came up with. I used aluminum pipe and angle and welded it, but it would be just as easy to make the 90 with threaded iron pipe and an elbow. I just used aluminum because that's what I had laying around. I bolted a piece of 2x6 to it for the motor to attach to and inserted it into my automotive engine stand. I drilled it to take a bolt through the hole already in the stand to keep it from spinning. Nice thing is it's sturdy enough to pull start and run on the stand.

Attached Files:

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Now that is what I call useing the old bean.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Thanks! I probably could have just made a plate to bolt on the "arms" on the engine stand, but that would have made it too low for me to work on comfortably and I'm not sure the skeg would have been off the ground. The pipe makes it 6 or 8 inches higher.

Nice part is the motor starts on the first pull now:wink: Amazing what a carb kit, BrakeKleen, plugs, and 3' of fuel line will do for these things:big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  4. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nice! I haven't thought of using my engine stand for that purpose. Reps coming your way!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Brandon on sharing a great idea. Looks good brother.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Looks like a very sturdy yet compact stand. Don't take up much space if ya ain't using it. Nice work partner.