Out of whack for a while

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dominoman, Mar 24, 2009.

1. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Back on Feb 13-14 did some work for my sister at her house. Came down with intense pain in left arm/hand/shoulder. Making a long story shorter, doctors found torn cartiledge in left wrist, carpal tunnel also and a bone that causing problems. Ortho surgeon did some further checking and found disc and bone spur problems in the neck. Saw the Nuero surgeon last Wednesday, he checked me into the hospital yesterday morning (630am) 'bout an hour later I took about a 3 hour nap. Came out OK, with a multilevel fusion C3-C7 and a titanium cage and plates installed. No driving to at least 2 weeks, can't lift hardly anything, but got good pain pills. He's hoping for a 3-6 month recovery before I can get back to fishing. The bright side to yesterday was my BOC flag arrived in the mail. Helps when all my BOC brothers and sisters keep posting stuff for me to go thru, makes the time go by.

Attached Files:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Hang in there. Maybe a good thing you caught it when you did. We will fill you full of fishin stories during your recovery.

3. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    That's rough man... how bout some humor? The other day after an all night fishing trip. I met up with snagged2 to take pics of each others fish. His pole got bumped, and it started sliding down the rocks into the water.... my natural instincts kicked in and I ended up in the river with it... I was soaked.

4. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I hope you have a speedier recovery than they think. I'm sure there's a couple more lake records that you need to beat. You may be able to cast better than before now that you're all fixed up.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Just take it easy & wait till it's all better, maybe I can get to Bastrop before you!!!!!

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Just the word fusion scares me. Hope you recover quick and the fully corrected the problem.

7. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hope you have a speedy recovery, my wife just had surgery on 2 discs last friday,(nothing near as major as you had done) she is pretty sore yet. A week should make a big difference for you.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lonnie wishing you a complete and quick recovery. Has anyone called you the Bionic Man yet?

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Lonnie, you take care of yourself. You'll be up and around in no time:wink:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Lonnie,Hope you are back at it soon,I hope for the best for you.

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My husband had to have plates and screws taken to his neck in 04 and 05. he has been on pain pills ever since. Hopeing you have a very swift recovery and be up to fishing soon.:smile2:

12. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Been doing a little better each day, still stiff and kinda sore. Trying to get out and do my walks like the Dr. wants, sure ain't got the energy I had before this. Do most of my sleeping in 3-4 hour segments, when ever the pills kick in. The Ms. sure has been a trooper about all this, could not get by this without her.

13. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Lonnie am praying for you that everything get's back to normal soon for you ,,,Just take it slow and easy one day at a time .God Bless

14. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Had a great day today, daughter, son-in-law and the 2 GB's came down and spent the afternoon with Grandpa. They put up some fence while the supervision was done by Grandpa and his little helpers. Don't get to see them as often as I want, but today, they were the best behaved that I have ever seen them. Not too often that a 3 1/2 and 10 month old get along like best friends. :roll_eyes: