Out of the Ordinary Idea - Mobile Fishing Shelter

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Leakyboat, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

I had a guy tell me today he takes a blind like this fishing,if he thinks it's going to rain.Said if it's raining kinda light,he'll leave it open,when it pours he'll zipper on up!Ain't a bad idea,don't cost much!

Ernie

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I like it! Would come in handy for other uses also.

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I like that Ernie. I use a pop up tent that is so easy to put up. It pops up in seconds and folds down in seconds. I love it. I throw my pad in there and a sleeping bag. The door is big enough for large guys like me. Keeps me warm and dry on those wet cold nights ;) It looks like this:

Attached Files:

4. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i had one of the outhouse blinds and it was not very roomy heck me a 5 gal bucket and my quiver and bow hardly fit in that thing and i am not that big of a guy. so my ? is does he leave the rods and tackle box out in the rain or what

5. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

This guy bank fishes,said he fishes right out of the blind!Don't know if it would fit me,he's about 5'9" about 150 or160Lbs.
    Ernie

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've got a popup 3-man tent that would work great for that, even for 2 people. Cost me $19.95.

7. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I've considered using a blind for shelter in the boat. Much cheaper than a bimini top or a custom enclosure.

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Americans are far behind on setting up blinds and sunshades when bankfishing. The Brits and Europeans chasing carp lead the pack in how to do it.

9. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I like the blind idea. I used a small dome tent for awhile, but everytime I got a bite, I ended up wearing the tent lol. I have a 3 person tent now but havent tried it yet. I think that some of those ice fishing shelters may also be a good idea to consider.

10. sbursik

sbursik New Member

State:
    McKinney Texas
    LOL, Funny thought there. A tent running down the bank at the screaming reel clicker. lol!

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Maybe Americans aren't far behind the Brits and Europeans.
    Maybe Americans are more resilient to bad weather.
    I figure by the time I'm in and out of that tent 4 or 5 times rebaiting, casting, and hopefully dragging a fish in, I'm gonna be wet anyway.
    But, one of those backyard sun canopies might be the trick.

12. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    A few of us guys on the mississippi keep those big patio umbrellas in the boat. Attach a piece of pvc and stick it in. It keeps rain or the blistering sun off.

13. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i use the first blind for my turkey huntin' never thought of using it for my catfishing....

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I just use a rain slicker. Love to fish in the rain. Just need to watch the lightning, but that's fun sometimes, too. :D

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, same here! I like fishing in the rain, esspecialy in the summer.....I love it when the rain fills up a little mud puddle in the summer, it gives me something to drink out of, and wash the shad scales, and catfish slime off my hands at the same time....LOL :eek: :D :p

16. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Kat,you ever seen the movie True Grit,that Texas Ranger said they drink out of Horse hoof tracks,might have been some of your kinfolk! :D :p

Ernie

17. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    LOL, Been There done that and it ain't pretty! :cursing:

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Personally I think it is a great idea. I might just try that one myself.
    (the Blind, not the puddle washing, drinking thing, LOL!!)

19. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    :eek: .....LOL, I love the extra Zing of the shad scales in the water... :eek: :D

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i like the canopy idea and just a couple long dowels with nails in the ends and a bit of twine and a few lite weight tent spikes with a medium tapolian
    is about all ya need on a hot or rainy day.
    if its a cold wet day i like the blind earnie posted (supersized though) LOL.

i will be hauling a canopy next hot boat trip though .
    i would like to get a couple of those tractor umbrellas .
    JOHN DEERE of course