Out of the funk!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by brinley45cal, May 20, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    It seems since the weather warmed up enough to start fishing again i havent been able to catch a cat this year.Well today i broke the ice and finaly got one.I had been catching trout and bluegill on my baitpole all day,but the small dink channels were just stripping my cat poles all day long with the liver on it.So i took one of the blugills and cut its head off and put it on my hook and casted out,it sat out there for awhile and my bait pole got stripped so i i went to wind it end and thats when the action started.
    I picked up my bait pole and started reeling it in when i see out the corner of my eye my cat pole with the gill head on it start flying over the bank.So i dropped the pole that was in my hand and grabbed the other one just as it got to the waters edge and started reeling it in,FISH ON! and i was using a kahle hook and it worked just like a circle i never set it ,i never had time to ,thats why i like kahle hooks so much its like having two hooks in one.Anyway i got him in and im out of the slump.Man that felt good to have a nice cat on the end of my line again.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Thats good to hear. I could use some of your luck. I've only had a chance to fish once or twice a week the past few weeks and the weather has been so poor that I'm lucky to get a bite. Hopefully some of that warm weather will come up here and put 'em in a feeding frenzy.

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    thats great to here.just think it can only get better from here

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good going. Now you got your Mojo workin'!!!

5. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Nice. How big was it?

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Same has been true for me, little time, and bad weather, glad to see you caught a cat.

7. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    you never said how big the slump buster was?

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Oh he wasnt that big about 2 pounds and 14 inches long,good enough for the skillet.Heck i was just happy to have one hooked up.

9. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    thats great to hear man!!!those little one can be alot of fun to.and also khale hooks are one of the best hooks made in my opinan, besides the old j style hooks.