Out Of The Dark

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by river1214rat, Sep 18, 2008.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Lights are back on in West Point :big_smile:. We were hit hard by the storm on Sunday, but we are back.Big limb fell out of my neighbor's tree and put a small hole in my roof and knocked all of the vent covers off. Main thing, we are all safe. I know this is probably all old news, but man, the river was raging with the strong winds. There were swells at least 10 to 15 feet high.To pass the time tonight, I went with some of my neighbors and fished on the river bank; not much luck, but I caught a medium size Gar :crazy: Enjoyed being a pioneer woman, but nice to get back to the modern world!!

Linda

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    glad to hear all is good. over here in breck co. I only had a tree top come out by the boys trampoline and a few shingles fliped up I fixed the shingles sundy evening and cut up and burned the tree top monday. we never lost power but it did start to flicker in and out a few times just enough we desided to unplug the tv for about two hours.

3. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I have never seen wind like that before and hope I never do again!! I'm glad you and your family didn't loose yuor electricity. I'm just glad it hasn't been real hot for the older folks who have been w/o power. Where in Breck COounty do you and your family live....

Take care
    linda

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It was rough in Madison,In. Winds gusting to 100 mph Lost 5 big trees some shingles , siding & a big mess but everyone is ok !:tounge_out:

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    we are south breck co. I am right here at rough river lake. and we moved here from shepherdsville about 5 years ago now and since then we have had 80 mph winds twice and 60 mph winds 4 or 5 times. lost the roof off my car port a few years ago and the boys trampoline well hes on the second one and its been over the house twice now but since the last time it is now cabled to a tree and I tack welded all the poles together. I have learned that it takes 40 mph winds to make a trampoline take flight:big_smile:

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad to see all safe and the power grid is back up !

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    My brother work power line construction out of the Louisville area. he called home Monday and was telling of all the damage down there and said it might be Christmas before he got back home.

Glad to hear all is well.

8. fishinhole

fishinhole New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My heart goes out to all that went thru those crazy storms!! God Bless you all!! I Love the way you decided to go fishin even with all the mess around you!!! Like I always say, " It's always a Great time to go wet a line" Take care and Hope things get better soon.

9. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad things are geting somewhat back to normal for you folks. Had a big old acorn tree fall over on top of my campping school bus. Got lucky just broke out the side window. O Well been wanting to camouflage her for sometime. Mother nature has done it for me.lol.

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Heck i live in oldham county ky and i didnt get my power back on until 10:00 THIS MORNING,geez.Makes you realize how much we depened on electricity dosent it?

11. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    A BIG THANK YOU to your brother and to all of the other power linemen that have worked to get our electricity back on!!!!

12. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Talked to my Bro. Friday evening he said he might get to come home Monday. Don't know if he is home or not . He said the 16hrs on and 8hrs.off was getting to him and he was needing a break. He was hoping to get 2 or 3 days home this week.

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Linda,

Glad you all made it out of the dark, how has the fishing been since