Out of state trips

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by zcat, Oct 31, 2006.

1. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    I would like to go somewhere this winter,for some catfishing out of state.I plan on bank fishing.Would like some ideas .Really would like to fish close to my camper,but also have a good chance at getting some nice fish. Thanks, for any ideas.

2. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Head to the Ohio River. Probably best bet would be fishing below one of the dams without a boat. If you are heading anywhere from middle of December to middle of January I will be at home, by Cincinnati, fishing almost every day. I'm sure we could squeeze one more into the baot and u are more than welcome to jump on!

3. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    That sounds like a great offer.Kind of busy at that time, with deer hunting and the holidays.But im always laid off for the winter ,I will have time around then .thanks.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Plenty of fish camps on Santee and good bank fishing. I wouldn't hang out at night with the gators though. There are also a bunch of guys that there pretty regular and I bet a few of them would be happy to take you out are at least give you some good pointers. Most of the fish camps have piers and camper sites and some even rent boats if you want one.

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    iv caught some good blues around makland dam in december from the bank , its always good fishin year round on the ohio river

6. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have been looking on going there ,this winter.I plan on getting some more info.I just want to make sure im going to a good camp, and being able to get into fish.I can make a long drive ,just want to do i little better than my last two march trips,To alabama for turkey .Came home with no turkeys.But still a nice trip.