Out of Sinkers!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Jul 28, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Went to my shed to stock my Tackle bag with some sinkers for the WDM trip, I reached for my first coffee can that I use to store my sinkers, empty, went to the second one empty, you get the picture, all storage cans were empty!!!:angry: Do you think I have help with the use of my sinkers?[Son-in-law and his brothers]:angry:!! Guys as you use my molds I may ask for you to share some of your sinkers with me:embarassed:!

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Top you may have to invest in a lock for that shed or put some mouse traps in them Cans

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Top if you have lost that many it must have been a rat. Change to rat traps, or an alarm system.:smile2:

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Oh how so true. I'm in the same boat as you here except it's my son an he even helps his self to my fishing rods an then never brings them back so therefore I have to go over an get them. Mind you the young man is 24 years old. Getting tired of the taking without ask crap.

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Seems to me a rotten snake that wont replace what he takes, or do the things he says he will do. Size 12 comes to mind with some swiftness to it. Sometimes being kind hearted will get you took advantage of Overtime. boundries and limits, thats how i operate. :wink: Sorry for your trouble Top, Sounds like its time for "Tough Love" :smile2:

6. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My sons are teaching their sons that before you buy it check Gramps garage and you'll probably save yourself some money.:eek:oooh: However they all understand that my Abu's are off limits:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Darn Top, seems to me that if you didn't loose so many, you wouldn't need so many. Now, how can you blame your kids on that?

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    dad , got plenty of lead. just scrapped the cast net i shreded in Mo. got a few lbs off it.

9. catfishcraz

catfishcraz New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Gee, sorry to hear about that! Sounds like you need to set some traps to make them pay for it.

10. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    hey top you can raid my garage when ever you need lead, bottom shelf near the back , just let me know when your gonna show up so i can keep the dogs away :wink: lol

11. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Sorry about "The lead-bandit" appearing in your tackle:eek:oooh: by the way anyone ever notice the price of sinkers lately???? un-real:tounge_out: good thing i make my own ......& "Stash" them away:cool2:

12. RAMCTD05

RAMCTD05 New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Speaking of making your own, where can a person find lead to melt into sinkers?

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Do you have a buddy that works a tireshop, the wheel wts make great sinkers.

14. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    only problem with most tire shops, they take em to the recycle and get good money for em. Ive asked nearly all of em I can find and that was thier answer. I usually have to buy my lead in bulk from the recycle center, usually in rolled up sheets from Xray rooms. Yea, Lead weights are expensive, having a pot and molds is a plus for a fisherman, Ive thought about makin weights and sellin to the bait stores, but it doesnt come out very profitable until you get into the "thousands made".

15. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Top now you are ready to join the rest of us low end fishermen and get out the ol sparkplugs.:big_smile: