Out of fishing commision for a little while

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by bluehunter, Jan 11, 2007.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    For those of you who look forward to some of my fishing expositions I will be out of it for a month or a little more. On my way to work the other day I was side hit by a big rig from its rear and the truck kept going. It was a hit and run and I was not able to get the license of the truck or chase it down because my right front tires was knocked down and the car was undriveable. I am awaiting the insurance assessment of wether it will be a total loss or if the can fix it. The right front corner of the car is damage and the hood is out of alignment plus my suspension seem to be off. Car is 6 years old a Nissan Xterra. If it is fixable I still have to come up with a big deductable and also pay for my rental car at this time so I am basically 1000 in the whole so there goes my extra curricular money for a little while. Really sucks, but I'll be back on the scene soon. Will still post and check in on the site.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Blue, I am sorry to hear that brother:angry: That really sucks that the just took off :sad2: :sad2: count this as an temporary obsticle. Good thing too, there are members down that way. $1000 many of us just don't have laying around. It will work out:smile2:

3. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    dude that just realy sucks:sad2: , sorry to here about the bad news blue but some how i can bet you'll find away to go fishn:smile2: , ill buzz ya after work dude

4. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Brian,

Sorry to hear about that. I don't know about you, but I believe that what goes around comes around. The driver of the truck will get his day.

I just wish that it wouldn't have happened to you. Hopefully things will work out for you and you will be back to fishing sooner than you thought.

Ryan

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Brian, Sorry to hear about your misfortune but as it is said, "Things could be worse", @ least you didn't get injured.

I know it still sucks but it will work out. Hang in there:smile2: :smile2:

6. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Sorry to hear that happened to you Brian, seems like hit and run is becoming the norm in So. Cal. anymore.
    If you get to jonesing to bad for a fishing fix give me holler and I'll come get you and we'll go soak bait somewhere.

7. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    good greif ... that sucks. best wishes, hope you get back out there soon.

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Brian, I am sorry to here that the jrrk just kept going and left you holding the bag, that Bites!!!!
    As long as you keep your internet up and running, you can fish along with us. We will try to keep your spirits up and the stories coming.... Hang In There Buddy!!!

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I dont know if it would do any good but Ive seen in the paper where people looked for witnesses to accidents and found them. Ya never know but it'd be like finding the needle in the haystack. Hope you get to go fishing sooner than you expect.

10. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Bright side Brian you weren't hurt or killed brother. IT sucks if my truck broke down right now i'd have no way of fixing it and the service light keeps going off and on for some reason:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Glad your well.

11. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Brian Im going to pray that you are able to get back out there and pick up where you left off before your accident. I sure am sorry to hear about your accident and Im glad to hear that no one was killed or severaly injured in an accident like that. I hope you get back to your self again soon so you can catch a big ol monster!!!

Kenny

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Glad you are OK! Keep your chin up.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey B.H.,
    I hope that everything turns out ok for you Buddy :cross:

But if you need them - I got the phone numbers of some people that like to find poeple like that!
    "You know that we can do this"! :canny: :hell_boy: :confident:
    "just kiddin"
    LoL:happy:

Take it easy -Later,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

14. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV

He may be on to something here Brian. Maybe you could write the local paper in that area. You never know, it just may be worth the stamp. Good luck.

15. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Brian, I didn't see this until late last night. My first thought was if you were ok? I hope you can get the car fixed and back in service real soon.
    Do you think you will still be able to make it to DVL next weekend?

16. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    That sucks Brian! hope everything gets back to normal soon

17. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Vini
    just a little tip.I dont know if it will work for you are not but it did for me. Just un hook your battery for a few minutes, some time that will let the computer reset it self and and the light will go off. hope that helps

18. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hey Brian,
    Glad to her you are ok Bud. and I hope it doesn't hold you up from to much Fishing. I sure wish I lived near you so we could go looking for that truck. I have a good Idea whear to start looking, and it wouldn't be a trucking company. I am betting that truck and driver, could be found less then fifty miles from whear you had your accident.
    good luck

19. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Brian, I'm saddened to hear you got that hit and run. Bad enough taking you out like that but the recovery will take some time.... Hey get in one of the superbowl pools Blue.... your luck is going to turn around... Bigger cats in 07,

bayrunner ray

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Glad to hear that you wasn't hurt. Thats the most important thing. Material things can be fixed or replaced but a human life can't be replaced.You don't know any buddies out in your area who does body work (on cars that is.) Hope you get back on the water real soon.