Out fished by two small boys

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Montgomery, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i was fishing this afternoon. useing shrimp and crawlers. i had been there a coupler hours with nothing . when these 2 youngins come walking up. they fished by me for about another half hour. until i decided to move down.well they must have wanted my spot bad . i hadn't even had bait in the water a yew yards down. and they were already catching fish out of my spot. with in 45 minutes they could have had a fish fry for 10 people. i was very discuraged. i mean they had there baits in the same place mine was . i mean lilterly . it was right up on a snag. so after an hour of my moving produced nothing . i packed up and left. as i walked past i asked what they were useing . and it was chicken livers.i never use the . but seeing the size and numbers they were catching . i will be to pick some up for next time.they were keepiing every thing they were catching . i dont know if that hurts the spot to much . i hope not . but normally i only catch flats there. does that mean the flats moved out and they moved in . or will they all hangout in the snags. i swear i got to be the worst catfisherman around. i aint into bass fishing . but every time i through somthing out for bass. i always catch one or two. i dont know . just aint a bass fisherman dont got it in me

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    if you say you have caught flats out of the spot you should try tome live bait bluegills, goldfish, chubs ect. flats love the live baits. you can take the chicken livers i would say they were catching channel cat on them. but i have my best luck for flats on live bait or fresh cut bait. hopefully this helps.

3. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i usually do use live bait there . but usually at night . i was unsure about trying my luck on live bait during the day. i just thought maybe i could land a channel or 2 on my shrimp and crawlers. will flatts bite more during the day this time of year.

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Man it is so hard to say really i guess they are just hitting when you throw the bait in front of there face. i have been out that past 4 or 5 times in the past 2 -3 weeks and have not caught anything but a 1 lb flat. but that has all been at night It is you best bet to be on the river as much as you can i hear the bigguns get caught alot around this time of the year.

5. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    in the last 2 and a half months i aint been able to find the channels any were. i will get one occasionaly on live gills. were i been catching flats . well a few . only seeing channels there now . i put on a hudge gill the other night . and landed about 1.5 pound channel . oh and the fish i have landed hasn't ran or anything . i didn't even know they were there until i reeled in . things has changed for me alot in the last couple months.

6. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i've had the same problams with the flats not bitin but today i decided to try some day fishing for flatties and it all worked out for one 3 pounder.....but i have been gettin lots of channels at a inland lake here outside zanesville with fresh liver.i also been gettin a few by bobber fishin with a worm off of bridges in fast waters near bridges if your close to zanesville send me a pm and ill take you and show you want im talkin bout

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Mike try some cut shad instead of liver. It will stay on the hook throughout many hits, and channels and flats will eat it up this time of year. P.S. I only go bass fishing when I'm looking to catch some very hardy Flathead baits.

8. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hang loose guys...with all the rain we are supposed to get this week,the waters will be gettin a little dirtier and we'll get some current hopefully. That oughtta turn everything back on. We havn't been able to buy a fish for over a month now.I am definatly looking for some current ! Good luck in the future for us all.....Randy

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I gotta laugh at ya bro cause it happens.Last year my little girl wanted me to take her fishing,mind you know dad has no paitence sometimes and she is full of fire oh and we had to go in the boat.....Well I took a hit she caught 3 fish and dad none .I am still hearing it:smile2:The kid dont even like fish and fishing but she had to beat up dad:wink: HEY MAYBE YOU SHOULD OF RECRUITED THEM KIDS IN THE BOC FOR THOSE OF US WHO NEED A KID TO SHOW HOW ITS DONE:confused2::confused2::confused2:

10. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    women and kids always seem to outfish men.....reason why....pheromones!

I was a big time salmon fisherman when i lived on the west coast and witnessed this a lot. Didn't really understand why until my buddy mentioned it.....granted he is as country bumpkin as it gets......but he is a very intelligent man at the same time. After he said it I stumbled across a few research articles discussing how fish can sense them. Men have way more than kids and women do. This is no bull and a great justification for being outfished hahahaha. Seriously google pheromones and fishing and read up....might surprise you. This site probably has a few reads on it too!

ben

11. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    yeah who's to say what it could be,I have seen it both ways where the kids and woman do best, I would say in my daughters case her best fishing is that she does'nt make any real effort, she has a short attention span no more 30-45 minutes but in that time she can out produce me when it comes to bluegills and some days channels. She seems to catch in the places I would never purposly place my bait , she lets the pole lie when I would'nt and she reels in fast and carelessly when she bootom fishing but hey she has her own methods I guess you cold say... and they seem to me working for her.
    Lord knows if I were using her tactics I'd get shut out!:wink:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    mike, you weren't outfished. they were probably there because they have seen you there before. you probably did all the work, now they are gonna go to school and tell all their buddys and come back and fish the spot dry! lol. j/k i fish tournaments, and have seen younger people kick my butt, and senior citizens do the same. i sometimes do well myself. it is a reminder, that there is a certain amount of luck figured in this sport. and nothing is predictable. that is what makes it so interesting. NOW, with that said, if you post your next 5 trips there and them boys are there and put it to you every trip!!! im gonna laugh! :0a20: goodluck...rollo

13. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    On the gmr or the ohio if your firing at channelss no bait will beat livers

14. crazy cathunter

crazy cathunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was out last weekend and fished from 6:00 till 3:00, i fished shrimp, chicken livers wrapped in pantyhose, crawlers, and my own secret called scrapple which is kind of like a dough bait made of pork. The only thing i didnt offer was live or cut bait. I had 1 small hit and something sucked the liver right out of the pantyhose and never moved my pole! I got skunked! Left at 3:00, stopped at gas station and there was 2 guys there with 6 nice channels! all caught on crawlers! Go figure! I think i going to build a catfish shrine to pray to.lol GOOD CATTIN TO ALL!