Our trip with pip.

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by Cattitude, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    The family and I was invited out for a night of fishing the potomac with Pip. We met him at dam 4 and proceded up river, girls were excited. We tried differnt spots and got into some. Both wife and kids got there new PB right around 5 pounds. It was a blast once i figured out how to hook them right from the boat basically let them hook themselves. Learned alot and the kids made it almost till 4. Pip thank you so much for the trip we all loved it. When we got home my freind Dean was here and ready to fish. I slept till noon and then was heading out the door to bait fish for gills. Wife and kids jumped out of bed and said your not going without us. So we got some gills around 10. We hit the river around 5 and caught a few more gills. Nothing but bass till dark. Kids left and nothing till about 1 am. Our other freind bud showed up and then we got into some. I did the same as on the boat and waited till the rod just bent over. We ended up with 3. 2 about 5 pounds and 1 at 7. All on cut gill. I did catch a small sunny on cut trout fishing close to shore. I've slept for the most part of the last 24 hours. Again thanks pip we had a blast.

Attached Files:

2. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    I misses Annies pic.

Attached Files:

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    WTG looks like the young ones had a great time!

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    That Pip is an OK dude :wink:

Thanks for the post and pictures..

5. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Ken, It was my pleasure. Believe me, I probably had as much fun as the girls did. They were real troopers staying up til 4am. We might have only got a dozen or so around the 5# mark, But the smiles from the girls and you and your wife they could have been 50#'s..... Hummmmmm... That reminds me, just wait til we get ya down on the lower part. We'll see some cats as big as the girls. If you can work it into your schedule, the first part of July is a fun time because the blues are hungry coming off the spawn. Thats a fun time to get into them, I promise ya.

Imagine 3 to 6 rods loading up at once with blues from 20# up to 50+. If your game, i'd love to have you guys out again. It'll be warmer then also. I'll have the video camera fired up fir that one.

PS. Thanks Paul.

6. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    These are the wifes words.....pip is A number one in my book.... She and the girls had a blast. She also told me that if you ask about someopne fishing with you I should go she would like to see me get out by myself some night. I understand her thinking on that, but I love having them around. As for the blues you just say when. As for anything else just say when. You want company fishing I'm game. I also really enjoyed spending time with ya on the boat. Even if you are an old redneck... I think I fit the mold myself:smile2:...thanks again pip

7. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I know Im a day late and a dollar short on this thread but Pip is a hell of a guy! If any of you get a chance to just set and talk with Pip he's a hoot! Good times man! Rock on!:smile2: