Our tax dollars at work?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Here's an article that I came across today, thought some/all might be interested in it. It's just remarkable how our politicians come up with these ingenious ways to waste our money, after they give themselves a pay raise every year of course.
    I don't know why that security window pops up, it's safe to open it. It's never happened to me before when I posted a pic, it's just a printed article.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

20 millon a year for storage in a cave, lol. For that money we could have fed starving American's, helped the homeless and are given our teachers and policeforce an across the board raise. Some people think that money is knowledge, this is an exaple of the opposite and it's getting worse every year.

PeeWee for President

3. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Without the government doing this, the dairy farmers would not be able to make it. It is not a waste of money this time, it is a way to keep the livelihood of dairy farmers going. Not to mention a stock pile in a time of disaster. The same thing is done with grain all the time, as well as other crops, and nobody says anything about that.

Where do you think those big white bags of food you see our troops throwing off the trucks to people all over the world every time they have any sort of disaster comes from? From stock piles such as these.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I think you missed the point a little there man. There not giving the bags of food away to people that need it, there giving it to fish farmers to feed the fish. Letting them making more of a profit from they money they saved in feed. You store the food for when you need it. If you do need it now it's gone.. Where ...to fish.......

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Right, so when you get a surplus of the stuff, you should just dump it in the landfill, or let it sit and rot as it expires. No way should you help a local enterprise bring more money into your community, or help the catfish farmers produce better quality fish, which by the way is ummmmmm food? The article clearly states this was SURPLUS material, which means they have to much, why waste it?

You're right, I missed the point all together.............:roll_eyes:

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Ok I was wrong.. They donated it to the feed mill which in turn sold it to the catfish farms.... So if it's surplus and rotting then why are they told to recover the 20.5 million? Powdered milk only lasts between 5-10 years depending on the temperature it is stored out. Sell it to the mills. If you start giving mills and everyone else free crap wont that in turn hurt the prices as well in it's raw form?

7. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Seems like the only ones making money off this was the feed mill. Did they lower there prices for fish food to the fish framers? I think not. One of those brother in law projects I bet.

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    God bless ya laidbck111, in my family there is both teacher and police officers and trust me, they are wayunder paidfor what they do!! i agree with that!!!!!!!!

9. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    ummmm no, it will not hurt the market prices of milk currently in production, as it is no longer a usable commodity, at least for what it was originally produced for.

The reason they are being asked to recover the 20.5 million is the buerocracy and red tape that is involved in ANY type of government transaction. I supervise government construction, if we have left over material that is not worth storing, we MUST throw it in the dumpster, and under no circumstances can any of our workers take it home, or give it away........it is the same issue, on a larger scale.

10. drifter106

drifter106 Member

State:
    kansas
    I can only think of one thing here, its our government and whens the last time any of us were able to change anything they did or wanted to do. It can be disheartening for sure, but life goes on.

11. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This might be a good time to remind EVERYONE to VOTE!
    This is the ONLY way we are going to stop waste is if "WE THE PEOPLE" get involved and exercising your right to VOTE is a good first start!!
    Thank You All,
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post but next week on the 7th, I'll be VOTING]]]]]

12. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Coyote,

Thanks for the reminder, it has almost been 90 seconds since I have heard or seen an advertisement for the election.........:tounge_out:

Problem is, those same folks "wasting" our money, are the folks we voted in last time......it is all a crap shoot it seems.:roll_eyes: