Our small saluda cleanup!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by takeaction, Sep 19, 2008.

1. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Today my wife, our son, and I went out and cleaned up a natural structure in the Saluda river.

We took many pictures, and some of them need to be full size, so I made the story and put all the pictures on my personal website. Please forgive the slow load times if more than 2 or 3 people are looking at the same time, as it is MY server at my house. I only have a 512k upload, so load times could get rough.

http://www.smithfarming.com/saludaclean/sept192008/index.html

As you can tell from the story, we are very proud of what we did, even though it's only a small thing. We really enjoyed doing it too!:big_smile:

2. garrick

garrick New Member

State:
    SC
    Great job!
    I know that exact spot. My daughter and I pick up a few things from the dirt road up the bank whenever we go there. . .but then there's more the next time. Sigh.
    Don't forget to pack out your trash, folks!

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Kudos for your efforts! Man I've pulled all kinds of stuff from the Big Pee Dee this year. I got a tire still on the rim and still pumped up,. It was good enough to run on a vehicle, but the wrong size for my truck! :smile2: I've seen TVs, refrigerators/freezers, balls of all descriptions, lumber, abandoned boats, and today, we saw a picnic table in the river, of all things! James mentioned that our Peedeecatmasters club is going to do a river cleanup day. It's a shame how people treat our waterways.
    Bill in SC

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks so much for your effort. It's great to see someone put in the effort to really help clean things up. Hopefully you may have set a good example for others - I know you have set a wonderful example for your children!

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Hey that's awesome!! Maybe you will start a trend and everyone will get on board....Come on!! Thanks!

6. slojam

slojam New Member

State:
    scarolina
    thank you:0a31: