Our season's over...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ladyfish50, Jan 14, 2007.

1. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Well, our hunting season is finally over. We went this morning for one last time...Buddy was just humoring me, I think.(He got a big doe yesterday!) I got a doe. We had to track her for about 2 hrs; she went about 250yrds. Talk about tough!! Little bitty specks on leaves, the wind blowing, crawling on all fours through briars---ain't it fun??? And, one of our friends we met on this site, James, was hunting the same area with us, & he stayed & helped us find her---now THAT's a good friend. His name on here is bassaddict69, if any of you want to tell him thanks for me!
    Our deer count for this season was: Buddy 3 (1 5pt, 1 4pt & 1 doe) & Me 3(1 button buck, 1 broken horned 2pt, & 1 doe)...so, I think we had a real good year.(Still no "big boy" for me, but that just means he's still out there!)
    Can't wait til next fall to do it all again!!!:wink:

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Sounds like you had a great year hunting...

Determination will get you the big one... They are still out there!

This way you still have something to look forward to!!

Good luck!

3. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Hope you all enjoyed the new lease. I heard a rumor that the big boy passed within 100 yards of your stand and you let him go. Any truth to that?

4. Denny H

Denny H New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a good year, hope you get the big one next year...

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you guys will be eating good for awhile, congrats on a successful season. I took three does and let a couple 6-8 pointers walk, hoping they got through the season so they grow to be monsters.

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    That's the rumor, & since I was looking the other way watching a small doe, I cannot confirm or deny it!! His word against mine! But believe me, he keeps reminding of it over & over.....:roll_eyes: